Monday, June 14, 2010

crazy Dodds weekend!

What a crazy weekend!!!

Friday we had lots of rain and super cold weather. Mom and Dad Dodds, Susan and Debbie and Angie all came down from Idaho for the weekend. Friday night we had a way fun girls night/bridal shower for Susan! We went to Los Hermanos and then back to Carrie's for make overs. Poor Carrie was having horrible contractions the whole night so I'm not sure how much fun she had... But the rest of us had a blast!

Saturday Scott and I played a pick up soccer game with a bunch of friends and guys we didn't know. It was SO fun! And SO awesome to be back on the field again. I loved it. Afterward we cleaned up and watched the USA/England game. Lucky for us the England goalie had grease on his hands so we tied it up.

That afternoon Carrie had her baby. She's beautiful! We didn't get to see them until about 7:30 that night. After we went and said farewell to Becky and her family. They're moving to Australia for 3 years, so it was a little sad to say goodbye. At least we know they'll be coming back. I feel like they just barely moved here!

Scott's family has alot going on these days. A new baby, a move to Australia, a wedding for the youngest girl, a move to Arkansas, a move to St Louis, and I'm not sure what else. It's crazy!

Sunday was nice. We gave an awesome lesson in sunday school. After church we ate some food and watched Germany completely crush Australia 4-0. It was pretty crazy. Then we visited with Scott's mom for awhile, totally cleaned and organized the basement, ate a yummy dinner and visited some more before bed.

Today I'm leaving for Kansas. I'm really really excited! I can't wait to see my family, eat some Jose Peppers and Oklahoma Joe's and check out St Louis for a couple days. The only problem?

I hate flying.

For some reason it scares the crap out of me. I hate it. I get so panicky and anxious and nervous. It's awful. I'm gonna have Scott give me a blessing before we leave to calm my nerves. My imagination is just TOO good. (and crazy too!) It'll be good though.

And that's all folks!

1 comment:

  1. Good weekend for sure. I have to say I used to love flying, but more and more lately I'm a little more like you. I don't really like it that well. The smell of the airplane is enough. I'm heading to Oregon tomorrow so I hope you and I both make it with no throwing up :( Yuck

    Have fun at home.

    ReplyDelete