Thursday, July 22, 2010

ramblings

Sometimes I want to blog but I don't really have anything cool to say. I guess today was just a pretty good day. So was yesterday.

Yesterday we babysat for Scott's brother's kids. It was quite the adventure, but fun! They have a 4 year old, a 3 year old with Down's Syndrome and a 9 month old (I think). We haven't ever babysat that many kids for longer than 20 minutes, so it was a new experience! We played in the sprinkler and made Mac & Cheese. Then I left Scott to feed all three of them at the same time while I went to lunch with a good friend. I felt kinda guilty leaving him, but he was fine. It was pretty cute to see him feeding one, holding and about to feed another and keeping an eye on the third out of the corner of his eye. Of course I was on diaper duty before I left. I think he's changed 1 diaper in his life? ...that's about to change. Real fast. :-)

Anyway, it was fun. I really enjoyed seeing Lindsay. Ugh. I have so many people out here I'm gonna miss like crazy! Today I went to lunch with LaurAnn. I could say former co-worker, but really she's more of a friend. It was SO good to see her and catch up! It was also nice to see my school again and remember the good times. Ugh. I love that place. I miss it so much. It's still not quite real that I'm not coming back. :-( Then I went and played with Emily and Hyrum. We swam a little then made cookies and smoothies. He's such a dang cute kid! I hope our kid is dang cute too!

Last night was also really nice. We've both been getting kinda cranky and tired of hanging out at the house with no structure, no routine, no consistency, no nothing really. So when Scott said his tummy felt like eating Pizza Pie Cafe, I jumped on that boat quick! We had a REALLY FUN spur of the moment date night!!! We ate some yummy pizza, analyzed people in the restaurant (so fun! it's from "Date Night") and then went and blew the tokens he'd collected from Pirate Island. It was really fun to laugh and play and enjoy ourselves. Then we came home and watched Spy Next Door. Way dumb movie, but it was a really good night! It was SO nice to just get out and have fun with each other. My favorite part was dinner and analyzing people. :-)

So now our house is a complete disaster. I really hate packing. Especially when all the matching books except 1 fit into a box. What do you do with the last one? It won't fit? And there's no more book boxes left? I don't like mis-matches! Oh well. We'll figure it out. I can't believe we "leave" in less than a week!!!! (We'll be back for a day and a half before the official move)

1 comment: