Wednesday, July 14, 2010

flu shot and pregnant?

So I know it's only July but I've been looking at all sorts of fun stuff on babycenter.com and parents.com and stuff like that. I came across some articles about being pregnant in the winter. Which I will be. Then I came across the information that:

pregnant women need to get not only the seasonal flu shot, but h1n1 too.

I've never had a flu shot in my life.

I can't remember the last time I had a shot.

Yes, I've gotten sick but I've always gotten better. Do I really need to get a flu shot? I've heard lots of controversy.

Yes, you need it because your immune system is at a lower defense.
No, it can have horrible reactions and lasting effects.

Now I'm gonna be wondering what to do. Maybe I'll just pray really hard about it. I read one thing that I really liked (not a direct quote):

"why would I get a flu shot now when I've never had one? If I get the flu and die, it was my time to go."

food for thought.

3 comments:

  1. ....I say "no" everytime...It's NOT mandatory...You're so good to PRAY about. You'll do the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is different for everyone because I prayed about each and felt good about he seasonal flu one but bad about the H1N1. So It could be different with you and I had also never had the flu shot in my life until I got pregnant during winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say NO. Just cuz its so bad for you and your baby. But do pray about it, I'm not an expert.

    ReplyDelete