Sunday, July 11, 2010

lessons learned

Today was a really good day. I learned a few things...

1. "pregnant" and "pencil skirt" do not belong in the same sentence. Especially at church. I was SO uncomfortable!!!
2. Homemade spinach and artichoke dip is AMAZING! thank you Shadow! I'm posting the recipe below and I will make it very soon.
3. Spain and Netherlands had 47 fouls and 12 yellow cards for the World Cup final.
4. It's SO fun to see friends you haven't seen in forever! (thanks Calli and Ben!)
5. We're not the only people suffering without air conditioning, and we have it a little better than some because we sleep in the basement.
6. I love hearing people say we'll have really cute kids and be great parents.
7. I can hold someone else's baby and keep them quiet the whole time in Sunday School.


Other than that, I really enjoyed watching the World Cup final. I'll miss it. But it was good. And it was SO good to be with a couple really good girl friends and chat with them! Especially with Gretchen since she has a baby. I think I asked her a billion questions. Thanks!!!!

Here's the most INCREDIBLE spinach and artichoke dip I've ever had. And I LOVE this stuff. It's one of my most favorite appetizers ever! I think I may be craving this for awhile... :-)

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Ingredients

Directions

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Mix together Parmesan cheese, spinach, and artichoke hearts.

Combine remaining ingredients and mix with spinach mixture.

Bake for 20-30 minutes.

Serve with crackers or toasted bread.


2 comments:

  1. yumm! We'll have to try it!

    Oh my gosh...I remember wearing pencil skirts every week until I couldn't fit in them anymore!! Ugh! Now I have this weird bump (that finally makes me look pregnant and not frumpy/too full/out of shape!) but the rest of me is still the same...goodbye, most of my clothes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon and I looove making our own spinach and artichoke dip, even better than the restaurants!

    ReplyDelete