Monday, July 19, 2010

happy day!

So yesterday was a happy day!

Church was good. It was fun to watch a baby blessing and think that will be us in a few months.

After church we picked up a window A/C unit from a friend in our ward. Scott set it up around noon. I went visiting teaching. When I got back an hour later, it had already dropped almost 5 degrees. We put it in the kitchen window since it gets the hottest there and it's hard for me to cook in 80+ degrees. It's already made such a difference!!! Around 5:00 it was only 73 degrees. It's usually around 80 by then.

I was a very happy wife. (and still am)

Then I got to take a nice, long nap. Then we drove up to Aspen Grove to eat dinner and hang out with Kim and Jim. It was really fun! Dinner was really good (who can complain about free food and no mess to cook or clean??) and it was really fun to relax, chat, and then kick everyone's butt at Pirate's Cove (it's a game). I also enjoyed drooling over pics of a 2011 GMC Arcadia. Not the SUV of my dreams or 1st choice, but boy it was beautiful, fully loaded and fun to drool over.

When we got home, it was still cold in our kitchen!! It's actually colder in the kitchen than downstairs now. That's amazing. Happy happy happy happy!!! This week we have lots of packing, lots to set up for the move (insurance, etc), a baby shower, hiking, dinner with friends, and more. Hopefully it'll be a busy week! Last week wasn't and by Friday Scott and I were getting tired of sitting around doing nothing.

Yay for a cooler house!

No comments:

Post a Comment