Saturday, July 10, 2010

HGTV

I realized that sometimes I write in this alot. And sometimes I ramble. And maybe it's not that cool. But then I decided this is more of a journal for me than anything for you, so it doesn't matter what I say or how many times I post. It also doesn't matter if I include pictures or not. But, the next post I will include pictures. Cuz guess what??

....

We're FINALLY re-finishing some furniture!!!

We bought this big dresser for $30 when we were just married. It's a dang good piece of furniture. Solid wood, great condition. Only problem is it looks kinda like this...
Only you can't see the drawers with half of the knobs missing and the ugly, tarnished, gold, ancient handles.
So, after almost two years of having the ugly thing in our room, we decided since we're moving to St. Louis and taking everything with us, we were going to stain it!! We got a sander from my sister and some stain and new knobs. Scott sanded everything and I put the first coat on the drawers yesterday and the 2nd on today. Along with the 1st coat of the main dresser. I cannot explain how amazing it looks! I can't wait for it to be done!!!!!

I also have been wanting to stain a little end table we got but haven't done it. So we did that too. Now we will FINALLY have matching furniture for our living room!! It will all be black wood. Table, computer desk, bookshelves and wall shelves. The only thing that doesn't match is our coffee table but it's such nice wood we don't want to do anything with it.

Anyway, I will post pictures when the whole project is finished. I feel very HGTV! I can't wait til it's all done!!!

In other news, we decided to stay with the first apartment we found. It was a huge misunderstanding and it's easier to stay than go anywhere else. I think it'll work out fine. We're also going to be renting a 16 feet truck to drive out there with our Mazda on a car dolly on the back. It won't save us as much as we were anticipating, but we'll be able to take everything with us now. So we will only buy a new couch (ours is awful). We feel pretty good about it. It's really nice to finally have some closure and feel like things are working out. It's been really frustrating to feel like everything is falling down around us and feel like everyone keeps letting us down. It's also been tough for me to hear so many people say "It'll all work out." I know it will. I just want it figured out now! I got tired of crying and being so stressed, so I'm glad we have closure. Hopefully this is the end of these type of events before we get settled in MO.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I wish we could refinish some of our furniture! Buying ugly solid wood pieces is so worth it because they'll last for so long!! I want to see pics of the finished products! Or maybe I'll just w ait and see new apartment pics! :o) I'm so glad everything's working out for you guys: you make me a lot less nervous about moving to our new location for med school in a year or two!

    And, btw, I love how often you update your blog! I'm jealous--i'm so bad at updating! :o)

    ReplyDelete