Sunday, July 25, 2010

I LOVE teaching!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the vent post. I was really disappointed, upset, but more than anything, hurt.

I'm feeling much better and happier now!

Today was such a good day at church! I seriously LOVE teaching gospel doctrine! It is my favorite calling I've had. (actually, RS presidency was awesome too) But really, I love studying the lessons with Scott, discussing the important things to share and then giving the lesson. I really feel like the best way to teach in church is to ask really good discussion questions. People learn by the spirit and by the experience of others. It does no good to ramble on and on about yourself and your experiences. I think you lose most of the class that way. Discussion and asking questions is the most valuable in my opinion. I love hearing insight from others and I think it's a way that people can relate better to other people and to the doctrine being taught. It also brings the class closer by sharing personal experiences. I love it. And I'm not afraid to say I think I'm pretty good at it. :-) Scott is too! He's a great teacher and he does a great job.

I'm seriously gonna miss our ward SO much. I have never felt so welcomed, loved and comfortable in a ward. We have friends we hang out with and we talk to people all the time. It's been such an amazing experience. It'll be fun to try a new ward, but I will really really miss this one. I just hope I get a good calling! I'd love to teach again! I can never teach too many times. It's like I teach one Sunday and it doesn't satisfy me. I have to teach more. Weird, I know.

Good thing I went to school to become a teacher!!! :-)

Anyway, the single digit days before we leave are fast approaching! AHHHH! We have 2 full days before we go out of town. Then we're back for a day and a half before we move. I can't believe it. It came too fast! Oh well, it's a good thing for us. :-) Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment