Thursday, April 1, 2010

Excuse me while I vent

I just need to vent for a second...


I am SO sick and tired of having other teachers come to me and say things like:

-"your class was running down the hall..."
-"your class was pushing each other in the lunch line"
-"your class was talking and being loud in the hall."
-"your class wouldn't line up for recess."
-"Maybe you need to start walking your class to lunch because your aid doesn't do anything about it when a boy shoves a girl to the ground. And because they can't walk nicely down the hall or stand in line correctly."

Can I ask these teachers the same thing I ask my kids??

"Are you bleeding? Are you throwing up? Are you hurt? No? Okay, don't tell me."

I am SERIOUSLY doing the absolute best I can with what I've been given. If that's not good enough for you, then YOU come teach them for a day.

I swear you'll never come back.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! That's awesome! You keep it up! I love your attitude :o)

    In one of my early child dev. classes we were talking about rules in elementary school that were too strict that now we could see aren't really needed: alphabetical lines, taking a long way to the classroom, etc, or whatever. It's so ridiculous what some teachers freak out about! You're doing the right thing, girl :o)

    ReplyDelete