Thursday, April 1, 2010

Must Read This Recipe...

Oh my gosh. I had to blog this ASAP because I made it up in my head and my taste buds are going crazy!!!

2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut in small pieces.

Combine in a bowl:
1/4 c. ish of soy sauce.
3 heaping TBL Hoisin sauce (most amazing sauce ever! Asian isle folks)
3 shakes of ginger powder
1/4 teas. of dried chives
2 teas. minced garlic
1 1/2 teas. brown sugar
1 small shake of Cayenne pepper

I think that's it. And I didn't measure anything, I eyeballed and tasted it so I'm not sure if the "measurements" are right.

Add chicken and let soak for about 15 minutes or so. Add chicken to a Med-High heat skillet. Try not to let too much juice get in the skillet. Let it sizzle and cook for a bit. Drain juice into a separate small saucepan as needed. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, kick the heat up and cover the skillet. This will carmelize the bottom of the chicken.

In the meantime, pour the extra juice into a small saucepan and let it boil the whole time the chicken cooks. This allows you to have extra dipping or pouring sauce. :-)

Serve with rice and steamed veggies.

Hoisin is a sweet, yummy Asian sauce. The cayenne pepper adds a nice little kick. If it's too salty for you, add more brown sugar.

YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment