Thursday, April 15, 2010

Look! We have food storage!

So today I went back and got some more cereal. I know, I know, it's crazy. But how many of you can say you've ever spent only 40 cents on a box of cereal? Plus, Scott eats it for breakfast EVERYDAY and could go through a box every two days. Thus...


LOOK MOM! WE HAVE FOOD STORAGE!


Before we stocked our shelves, Scott wanted to build something with it. These are out of order, but whatev. First we buily the castle. Then the pyramid. After snapping about 4 pictures, the pyramid collapsed.
Here's a lovely picture of our new food storage. Please take note that the cinnamon life boxes are stacked 2 deep. Also, the regular life boxes are 2 deep but you can see that a little better. Plus, we got 6 boxes of instant oatmeal packs. What a steal!!!

Grand total? Approximately $21.50 or so with tax.

Cheapest food storage I've ever bought. :-) It's so awesome when your Smith's receipt says "Total Savings: $74.65 (91 percent)" and your total is $7.75. Wow. I might frame that.

Oh, and we also bounced around the idea of selling these cereal boxes to friends for $1.00. We could sell 20 and break even and we'd still have 30 boxes left. Apparently that's illegal though....bummer.

Sale ends April 18th. Better stock up!

1 comment:

  1. I hit up that sale, too! Except I used to LOVE cereal, but now with all the crazy preggo stuff I can't stand the smell of it! Oh well, at least it's got a shelf life, right? :o) I spent $15 and saved $56. Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete