Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving week

So now we're back from Thanksgiving and the excitement has worn down. We had a great trip out to visit my parents and family. Jasmine surprised them by showing up with Shayla and Brian. I had a feeling she was going to come. They had told me a few months ago they were all driving out. Then Jasmine made up some stories and stuff to try and convince me otherwise. It worked. But I still had that little piece of me that hoped (and knew) she was coming.

We made lots of pies and way too much food! Of course everything was delicious. My favorite Thanksgiving food is sweet potatoes. You might think that's gross, but you haven't tried them! This particular recipe has lots of butter, sugar and cream mixed in the potatoes, and then they're topped with a pecan/brown sugar mixture. So delicious!! Check out karissaskitchen.blogspot.com for the recipe.

Highlights of the week included building my own jewelry making set, being the Designated Driver on Black Friday morning (3am), attaining an amazing cashmere/wool coat and sexy pair of boots, finding the pair of zebra pumps I've wanted forever and buying them for $16, making pies with my mom and sisters, hanging out with my family, cooking, relaxing, and best of all...

...hearing my dad shriek when he realized Kandi (Shayla's dog) had jumped on the table and had her face buried in one of the buttermilk pies on Wednesday night.

(and of course Scott turned to me and worriedly said "which pie?!") (he specifically requested a lemon meringue that I made and was hoping it was not that one)

So all in all it was a great week. We are so happy Shayla and Jasmine made it home safe. They had to drive back to Utah through very scary snow and ice packed roads all across Wyoming. A normal 15-16 hour drive took them 22 hours. Yikes!! Lots of prayers went up while they were driving.

I had a doctor's appointment today as well. 34 weeks! It's fun to see people's jaws drop when they hear I'm 6 weeks from delivery. Anyway, my doctor is awesome. He is so chill about everything and I'm under the impression that he is totally all about the woman. Whatever she needs or wants she gets. He won't intervene unless it is absolutely necessary. I'm very grateful for the recommendations I got for him and that we're able to have him as our doc. He's great. Next appointment will be an ultrasound! Wahoo! I can't believe we're this close.

Suddenly as excited as I am, I don't feel ready or prepared enough for the baby to come. Yikes! Good thing I have another month. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw you at church and wanted to say hi and tell you how cute you looked, but I had to run off to teach my class. So, HI, and you looked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally felt the same way at this point in my pregnancy! I realized how little time was left, looked into our baby room that was still a storage room pretending to be a baby room and freaked out!! I'd been totally chill about getting ready for everything before! It's the weirdest thing!

    We drove to Gillette, WY from Rexburg for Thanksgiving and drove on those same roads! So crazy! It was scary and we got stuck in West Yellowstone, MT for the night, but we eventually made it home safely! There's nothing scarier than driving through a snowstorm!

    PS--I LOVED the Black Friday things you bought! The only things missing are PICTURES!!!! I wanna see your hot shoes! :o)

    ReplyDelete