Monday, November 22, 2010

attitude of gratitude

I have not written because I need to take some pictures and I want to include the pictures with the post. So, this one is going to be completely unrelated to the early Christmas gift. More on that later. :-)

Last night we gave our fireside for the youth in our ward. It was really nerve-wracking to prepare at first! We had no idea what these kids needed to hear or what we should say. Gratitude is such a huge topic that you can go a million ways with, so we definitely did lots of praying. I think everything turned out really well.

We ended up talking about how you only need 4 basic things in life to be really happy: Christ, the gospel, family and prophets. From there we talked about what gratitude is. How to be grateful for people, family, trials, and things. Then we discussed what an attitude of gratitude is. From there we talked about how to cultivate that attitude of gratitude and why it is important. We used lots of quotes from President Monson's recent conference talk. The fireside went really well! We had lots of good comments and input from the youth and the leaders. There definitely was a very special spirit there.

We really enjoyed being with the youth. I want to be called to work in Young Women's so bad! I had a ton of fun interacting with them and talking to a group of girls afterward. It was a really great time. I am SO glad we had to opportunity to do the fireside! It was definitely worth the time and preparation we put into it. :-)

In other news, I can't wait to go home for Thanksgiving. I'm so dang excited to see my sisters, Shay and Jasmine, who have been in Utah. It seems like forever since I've seen them! Unfortunately, Landon decided to take off to Florida, so we still won't have the whole family together. Dang. Maybe someday we might get everyone together...who knows when. But, we're still excited. I LOVE Thanksgiving so much! I love the food, the smells, the cooking, the naps, the football, everything. It's gonna be awesome! Only thing this year is no Black Friday spending for us...we already spent our allotment of cash for the year ;-) I can't wait to post a picture!

And this baby keeps getting bigger everyday. Even Scott tells me often that my tummy is growing bigger and the baby is growing bigger. I seriously think the 3rd tri is the time of belly explosion! I have 7 weeks left til the due date, and it's just creeping along. The more I think about it, the longer it takes. Still doesn't feel like the Holiday season yet...it's still too warm!! We had a little cool weather, but today it's back up into the high 60's/low 70's and very humid. It's supposed to storm later today and drop 20 degrees for tomorrow. We'll see what really happens.

I'm praying for at least one good snow storm this year!! I actually really miss the snow...

1 comment:

  1. It was -12 when we woke up this morning. That is 44 below freezing... wish we could send some your way! It snowed 2 feet earlier this week, so I finally feel like the holidays are here. All the Christmas trees are up in the main lodge, and it's so pretty.

    Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm sad that we won't be with family this year. It's just going to be a quiet one here at home with us. But sometimes those are nice, too!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete