Friday, November 12, 2010

Project Baby Room: Complete!

Here is our baby's room!!



Cost breakdown:
Paint (including blue, green and primer): $30
Supplies (tape, cloths, rollers, can opener, trays, sandpaper): $20
Green lamp shade: $8.50
Lamp stand: $0.50
Picture frames: $0.50
Large picture frame (cut): $1.50
Football sign and wood balls: $10.40
Sports photos: $0.25

Total: $74.00

Since I kept everything so under budget, Scott and I decided we could splurge on the storage shelves I've been dying for. They cost $50 plus tax, and another $25 plus tax for the drawers. Overall the entire project cost around: $150. Which is the original budget Scott gave me.

I absolutely love how it turned out! Not too "baby" or too overwhelming with sports, but really warm and comfortable. It really is perfect for us.

My secret? Shop at thrift stores! It's amazing what you can find for pennies. And use spray paint. That's how we got the frames black and the dresser knobs black, also the lamp stand.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Karissa! You are so creative! I'm going to have to hire you to to my baby's room! Well, when we actually have a room for our baby, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, cute, cute!! :o) I'm working on final touches for ours; I had to put the process off when our financial aid (well, the ENTIRE school's financial aid) didn't come in until a month and a half after they said it would. Our baby budget wound up going towards other things! So, now he's here, and it's not quite perfect yet (it basically looks done, but you know how looking at your own project is...always something that only YOU will notice!). I decided i'm so glad to have him here that the nursery details will happen when I have time! Your pics are a motivator to finish, though! And i'm SOOO jealous that you get to PAINT!! I'd give anything to get rid of these sterile white walls!!

    ReplyDelete