Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekends are oh so fun

I have a couple pictures I want to post, but they're on my phone so I have to hook it up to the computer first.

We had such a fun weekend this past one! On Friday Scott came home and volunteered to join me with some errands I had to run. One of which included buying the 9 cube shelf at Target that I've been dying for. While we were there we passed by a popcorn maker and he was like "you want it? I want it. Let's get it." So we did. I was a little taken aback at first because I've become such a cheapo and I won't buy things unless I've wanted them for several months or if it's a really amazing deal. So I was pleasantly surprised! Then we went home and he made dinner with me, then we put together our sweet shelf and made popcorn and watched a movie. It was perfect. And even more wonderful because he didn't ever mention about studying or needing to study.

Saturday I had a baby shower here. It was SO good! Kathryn put it all together and we invited pretty much my whole ward. I was surprised at how many people came and then how many more at church the next day apologized for missing it! I got some really fun things and had an awesome time chatting with everyone and enjoying it. I LOVE OUR WARD!!!!!!

Later that day at Costco a guy asked if I was having boy or girl. I said boy. He said "Cool. If it was a girl she would be absolutely adorable if she took after you." It was so sweet!

Then we had our good friends over for dinner. We had SO much fun talking and laughing and eating big pieces of chocolate cake. It was awesome. And even more great because we're both having baby boys within a couple weeks of each other! It's been so nice to hang out with her and chat and talk baby and get everything ready. Definitely helps to have a good friend who is experiencing the same things you are! Especially because our hubbies are both at Logan.

Sunday we had church, which is awesome. An amazing lesson in RS about gratitude. It was perfect. Then we went to a different friend's house for dinner. They had their 2nd baby natural using the Bradley Method so it was so good to talk to them about everything. I asked a bunch of questions and I feel even that much better about going natural. It was also great because Scott found a BYU football watching buddy. He's very excited to have a guy to watch football with on Saturdays now.

Last night topped everything off though. We went and got a car seat and a Baby bjorn after school. Scott was SO excited about the Bjorn. He learned how to put it on and got a stuffed animal and put him inside. Then he showed me how to put it on and use it. Then he put it back on himself with the monkey and kept it on. It was SO cute because he kept telling me how you have to be careful with the baby and you can't rip the baby out and the baby can cuddle against your chest. He was also giving the monkey kisses and snuggling it like a baby. While I was making dinner he dressed the monkey up in an outfit we have and came back out with it in the Bjorn. Seriously cutest thing ever.

I think someone is REALLY excited to be a daddy. :-) I can't wait. If he is anything like he was last night with our baby, he's gonna be amazing. I already know he's going to be an amazing dad. He loves our baby so much already. It's crazy cool.

So that was a really fun way to end the day.

This morning I had one of those dreams about an old crush/guy I kinda dated, and Scott was in the dream too. We were married expecting a baby and this other guy was being kinda stalkerish. I woke up thinking how grateful I was to have Scott in my life and to be married to him. I couldn't have asked for a better husband!!!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I love our little carrier but I wish I had a sling so I could snuggle our little guy up in a small blanket and let him snuggle his little legs up and keep himself warm. But I can't wait to use ours this summer and whenever we're indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! Sounds like a great fun weekend! That is also so cool about your ward. I hope we have a great ward when we go back to school in Utah.

    ReplyDelete