Thursday, November 4, 2010

baby realization

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I had a sudden realization...

When our baby cries when someone else is holding him, guess who they're going to pass him back to?

Me.

AHH!

I guess they might pass him back to Scott, but the mother is usually the more likely candidate. Then I'm gonna have to try and figure out how to calm him down. Oh boy...

And what if I can't calm him down and he keeps screaming while everyone is looking at me expecting him to shush as soon as he's in my arms? Yikes.

I'm a little scurred.

Sometimes at night he moves and kicks and wiggles so much it makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. At least I know he's happy and healthy. :-) Lately he really seems to like stretching out and pushing against my tummy. I've now seen (and felt) a little foot poking out twice. That's fun.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry! You might be surprised that you will actually WANT people to hand him over faster than they do. It will break your heart to hear him cry and you'll know you can comfort him faster than anyone else can.

    I'm having fun catching up on your blog! It's making me miss being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete