Thursday, October 20, 2011

While the babe sleeps...

Have you ever been surfing the internet, facebook, blogs, and such and come across links posted by friends to blogs you've never read? Which then has links to blogs you have read, and a particular link to a blog written by a famous LDS singer who you rubbed shoulders with while student teaching in her son's kindergarten class? Well, that happened today.

And it left me thinking, and feeling.

Feeling like I want to make a difference. Like I want to do something big.

Feeling like I want to be more accomplished than wasting spending precious time reading blogs and checking Facebook every 5 minutes to see if someone said something that has any relevance to me.
...not that I do that.

I admit, I'm stuck in a blogging rut.
Actually, a cooking rut, a cleaning rut, and an exercising rut too.

All I really want to do is play with my baby (which I do), then snuggle up in bed with John Grisham and a can of Nutella while Bubs naps.

I don't really wanna snuggle up with John. That'd be weird.
And all wrong.

Sometimes I feel like I've found myself. I know who I am, what I want, and where I want to be in life.

And then I forget. Quickly.
And I read other people's blogs and wonder how they got where they are now. And I wonder how I can get there too. Wherever there is. 

But then I stop and think about my life in reality. I do know who I am, I do know what I want, I do have what I've always wanted, and I'm ecstatically happy. I have more than most people could ever dream of.  

Anyway, mostly I'm in a blogging rut and mostly I don't feel like I know who I am or what I represent when I blog. Mostly because I blog about so many random things.

So the questions I ask myself now are: 

Do I change what I write about? 
Do I need to have a theme or focus for my blog? 
Do I write too much about my child? 
Do I share too many things that personal enough they shouldn't be share? 
Should I change what I write about? 
Should I focus on a certain type of content for a certain type of audience?

I may find answers to those questions someday. Maybe you can help me. 

But for now, I must identify a way to get some fresh basil in my hands or show up at our church activity tonight with a very sad, basil-less, bruschetta.

3 comments:

  1. I read every one of your blog posts. I love your blog just the way it is. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog... it is YOURS! And it beautifully reflects the awesome person that you are!
    When in doubt...compare it to MINE! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Meg and Christal...except for the part about her blog not being awesome :o) This blog is awesome! It's yours! I love blogging because I don't have to feel so guilty about not formally journaling!

    And you ARE doing something big. You are raising a future member of the Church who will someday be baptized, receive the Priesthood, serve a mission, and get married. It will be amazing and all because of the influence YOU had on him growing up. In my child dev. classes (i'm sure you've heard this, but the first time I did it stuck!) I've been taught that a boy learns how to be a man from his mother and a girl learns how to be a woman from her father. I can go into details about how it all works, but you are doing so much every day!

    PS--I'm insanely jealous that I don't get to stay home all day with MY bubs...one day!

    ReplyDelete