Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sneak peek!

Today was the epitome of a Fall day: 

crisp, sunny, and clear with a significant breeze in the morning, 
leaves blowing, cloudy, and drizzly in the afternoon. 

Not quite perfect for driving, because of the wind, but otherwise most enjoyable.

I have a husband back.
Hallelujah!

Except he will likely be comatose and M.I.A. this week for various reasons:

1. lack of sleep in Meh-he-koh
2. at least one different exam scheduled for each day this week. Maybe more than one on some days.
3. recovery/re-entry/reality, which includes catching up on classes, tests, homework, and sports.

But it's okay, because I won't have to go to bed alone this week.

Looking back, I felt like the week flew by.
In the moment, I felt like the week flew by.
When I was lonely, I felt like the week dragged on.

In other news, I have something really spectacular to share with you today.
It's a real special treat.

whenever someone uses "treat" in a sentence, my brain automatically thinks "chocolate." 


This treat does not involve chocolate.
Though it may make you hungry.
Baby hungry.

Please enjoy this sneak peek from a most talented, amazing, and epic photographer:
 Kamian
a.k.a. Mom
a.k.a. Gammy

This particular collection of shots has been only minimally edited.
Please enjoy.
Drool even.

Then hop over to her blog and check out other work she's done.
p.s. she's hilarious. 

 Why yes, I do in fact model while eating breakfast.

Trust me, a little pear with my blue eyes is very flattering.

Oh. My. Cuteness.

The original slide is red.
very, very, red.



Hi, Mom!

Ooh, dirt!

And just in case you couldn't get enough...

This one has not been edited.

Doesn't she have an amazing eye for shots?
I was very impressed.
Still am.
Short story: During the trunk or treat, as we made the rounds, several well-meaning people furrowed their brow upon our arrival and stated "I think he can have this one" before tossing a piece of candy into his bucket. What they didn't seem to understand was the fact that he is not quite 10 months old and really "cannot" have any of the candy. He is merely a very cute prop for his dear parents to rake in some yummy goods.
plus, I carried him in my belly for 9 months, pushed him out, and (we) have taken care of him ever since. I think I (we) deserve some free chocolate every now and then. :-)

Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. Karissa! Your baby is so cute! I am loving these pictures! Your mom really is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay for having Scott back! That was a long time. I'll be the had the time of his life (while missing you guys terribly, of course). Oh- and I LOVE the pic of the little "tiger!!!"

    ReplyDelete