Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Flavors

So I had a little girly get together last night with some friends and I was feeling in the mood for Fall.
Even though it was not a very Fall-ish day.
In fact, it was about 75 degrees yesterday.
83 degrees today.
But I know it will only last until tomorrow, when it will then drop 30 degrees. Ugh.

Anyway, I made some Fall treats.
And I'm dying to share.
I apologize for the lack of photos, but please, trust me and try these things without seeing them.

Wassail

8 cups apple cider
5 cups pineapple juice
2 cups orange juice
1 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. whole cloves (or 1/2 tsp ground)
2 cinnamon sticks
1/3 c. sugar.

Combine in a large stock pot. Simmer for an hour or two. Strain if desired. Serves 20. Can be frozen.

Heavenly Fall in a mug.
Thank you, mom!!!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins 

The muffins I made last night were a huge disappointment to myself. Especially when compared to the muffins my most amazing, gorgeous, and talented sister in law makes. So here's her recipe since the one I made failed.

1 1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. pumpkin
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. water
1 c. milk chocolate chips.

Mix dry stuff. Add liquid stuff. Combine gently. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or less. 7 minutes for mini muffins (yum!)

Those are the best pumpkin muffins I've ever had!
Even Mister Man, who hates pumpkin, loves them.
And try them with this amazing frosting!!!

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3 1/2-4 c. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
2-4 TBL milk (or water)

Beat the cheese and butter until fluffy. Add half of the sugar, the salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Beat until incorporated. Add the remaining sugar and some milk then beat to desired fluffiness. 

In my mind, this frosting was the perfect blend of cream cheeseyness and buttercreamness with lots of cinnamon, which I love. It was amazing on the mediocre muffins I made last night. I'm imagining how incredible it would taste on cinnamon rolls!

And one last Fall favorite...

Fall Trail Mix

3 c. Harvest colored M&M's
3 c. candy corn
3 c. dry roasted peanuts

Combine in a large ziploc bag. Consume by the handfuls. 

Thanks for this one too, mom!

And now for your viewing pleasure, here is some Fall Fun eye candy! Enjoy.





Thank you for the amazing onesie, Gloria! 
We LOVE it!


3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I LOVE them all! SOOO cute!

    PS--my in-laws make wassail all the time. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you go to Rombachs?? We are going to try and go on saturday. Cute pics and by the way your apartment smelled amazing with all those goodies!!! I love fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will defnitely try those pumpkin muffins and the Cinnamon Frosting! Those pictures are so cute. You look great!

    ReplyDelete