Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hi! It's me, Bubs!

So Bubs here, taking over the blog today. Mommy is too busy worrying about laundry, dishes, and getting new tires on Daddy's car to have time to write today.

So, last night I crafted up an evil plan to get back at Mommy and Daddy for all the times they've pinned me down to change my diaper, pulled cords out of my mouth, and said "no" when I was trying to read the nice books they keep on the bookshelf. 

It all started when I heard they were taking me over to a friend's house that night while they went and did whatever grownups do. I think I head Daddy say "basketball" and Mommy said "temple" and they didn't take me. 
How rude. 
Well, I decided to make the best of it and charm Mommy's friend into letting me stay up late. It worked! We had lots of fun playing! When Mommy came to pick me up, I charmed her into thinking I was happy as a clam. She believed me (I think). But then for some reason she put me to bed as soon as we got home. 

I didn't think that was very nice, so I decided to just take a little nap. 
I wasn't done playing yet! 
I waited and waited until it was the perfect time to try out my newly developed vocal chords: 
12:40 am.

You see, the louder I cry, the faster they come get me. It works like magic! 

Mommy came in first and thought I'd be happy with just a binky. Psh. What does she know!? I knew I could get her back in if I stood up and screamed bloody murder. So I did. And it worked! This time she brought a bottle, thinking I was hungry.

Naw, I just wanted to cuddle. And play. And talk.

For awhile, both Mommy and Daddy kept coming in and leaving. But I knew better than to sleep. It was so much more fun to cry every time they laid back down in bed! What a fun game! I recommend all you babies out there try it! 
Eventually Daddy came in and let me crawl around and play. Finally! He knew what I wanted. 

But then Mommy came in again. She put me in my crib and dragged Daddy out. By this time it was definitely past 2:00 am! Wahoo! And I finally decided I was tired. I tried crying some more to try and trick them, but they didn't fall for it.

This morning I thought I'd better sleep in since I partied it up all night. I guess partying does make you kinda tired, but that's okay because I know Mommy has nothing better to do with her day than hang out at home and let me sleep! 

She's such a nice gal. 

So then, during my first nap today, my pants got really itchy and uncomfortable. Of course I did what any smart baby would do: take them off. It was awesome!
Why doesn't Mommy let me run around without pants on all the time? 

And why, oh why, won't she let me chew on cords!!!!? They just feel so rubbery and delicious in my mouth and they're so fun to grab. Hmph.

Well, life is tough being a baby and it's even more tough to party all night. Time for me to jump in bed and take a nap so I can play some more! Later yo!




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have a great writing career in front of you Blake. Looking forward to more posts. Good luck with the diaper thing . . . doesn't sound too fun. Make sure you kick your legs a lot and try to turn over onto your tummy at the same time. Should make diaper changing time more memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cute :o) I love that picture of him hanging out in his crib!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake you are too funny, but little do you know that mommy and daddy have you all figured out. You are not fooling anyone.

    ReplyDelete