Monday, October 10, 2011

9 month stats and pictures!

9 Month Stats for Bubs:

First of all, since when was our baby 9 months? Seriously. Time really needs to slow down.

Weight: 17 lb, 9 oz
Height: 27 inches
Percentiles: still really low! But he's growing well so it's fine.

Things that he can do:
-Crawl! Like a crazy man
-Pull himself up to standing on everything. He can even pull up using the back of my legs. He's starting to figure out how to walk along the couch and coffee table.
-Mister chatterbox! "ma ma, ba ba, ga ga, da da, mumm" all day long.
-He bonks his head on everything. He's had lots of little bruises on his forehead. Usually when he bonks he lets out one cry and then is fine. Except for the time he pulled up on the folding chair and it folded flat sending him crashing to the ground backward and the chair falling on top of him.
-He will not lay still for a diaper change unless he's drinking a bottle. It's a 2 man job now.
-Still loves splashing in the tub
-Loves pears, peas, cheerios, ice cream, cookies, toast and smoothies.
-He loves listening to music while eating. He'll even rock back and forth to the beat. Sometimes he sings along.
-He mimics me dropping keys on the floor.
-He loves holding and "throwing" balls, footballs, bouncy balls, lacrosse balls
-He loves trying to pull on and eat cords.
-His favorite toys are my keys and phone
-He loves banging anything he can get in his hands on on something to make noise.
-He loves grabbing everything. I feel like I have 4 extra hands.
-He smiles non-stop all day.
-He always giggles when I read "The Going to Bed Book"
-He always wants to eat what I'm eating.
-He loves crawling onto my lap and pulling himself up with my shoulders.
-He is a very messy eater, and enjoys playing with his food, just like his mama.
-He's starting to figure out how to throw a tantrum.
-He thinks it's hilarious when I throw a football, but not when Mister Man throws it.
-He has already eaten 2 cigarette butts. Never thought I'd have to tell my 9 month old to stay away from cigarettes. (he found them on the ground at a park in the pavilion. so gross.)
-He loves being outside.
-He's a non-stop ball full of energy and fun!

I seriously LOVE being a mom! It is the best thing in the world. I never thought having my own kids would be so fun! It's so cool to watch all of the developmental milestones happen and see his little personality emerging. I'm so grateful I get to stay home with him (though I definitely miss teaching!).

Coming up....
-a post on Faith. I've been thinking about it alot.
-the debut of all the jewelry I've been working on and want to start selling.

Best dollar I ever spent. He loves this ball.

Good morning, Mom!!!

He loved conference just as much as we did!

I find it hilarious when he holds things in his mouth with no hands.

Oh mom, why do you think I need to sleep?

Love his bum.

This picture should be in a caption contest.

Lovin' his new hand-me-down toy!

What're ya talkin' about, "messy eater"?

p.s. Does anyone else ignore the "Do not consume raw cookie dough" warning on a big tub of Nestle chocolate chip cookie dough from Costco? Cuz I definitely do.

5 comments:

  1. awesome! Your little man is so adorable! I think he just gets cuter and cuter every day! ...well, every post, cause that's all I see :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, he's getting so big. And he's a bundle of fun and laughs. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow he has grown a ton even since I saw him, which I feel like was last week. Yay for motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since when do you have a 9 month old! Holy smokes! :) Your family pictures are gorgeous too. You look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he looks like shayla in the one of him in the crib with the frowny eyebrows. so cute in all of them!

    ReplyDelete