Saturday, October 22, 2011

Strange Phenomena

There is a strange phenomenon occurring in my life tonight:

I am actually enjoying watching baseball on TV.

What the heck!?
I've never, ever, ever, ever, in my life enjoyed watching baseball on TV!
So really I cannot believe I wrote that.
And I really cannot believe I'm thinking it!

But here is why I am enjoying it:

The Cardinals are playing in the World Series!

It's really hard to live in St. Louis and not be a Cardinals fan.
It's seriously like a fever.
A very, contagious and expensive fever.
But a fun fever.

Have you ever felt odd and out of place at a grocery store for not wearing a Cardinals (or other team) shirt or hat on game day? 

Well, I have. I've felt it alot actually.
Which means that someday I will get a Cardinals shirt.
And I will wear it to the grocery store on game day.
And I will not feel out of place.

This post was not meant to be about baseball. 

The other strange phenomenon that is occurring in my life is this:

I actually really enjoy watching sports on TV.

If we had cable I might watch Cupcake Wars and Say Yes to the Dress and Property Builders all the time. But we do not have cable.
Which means I resort to watching college football, college basketball, and Professional Baseball (huh?!).

This happened because I did something a few years ago that I do. not. regret.:

I married a sports nut.

He's a good sports nut.
Kinda like a nice, salty peanut.
Or a perfectly roasted almond.
Or a deliciously sugar roasted pecan.

He really knows his sports. And he enjoys them. And so do I.

But I did not start out that way.

It just kind of happened.
There might be a parallel here with how Satan tries to lead us astray.

that looks like ashtray...

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is this.
Actually, I don't really know what I'm trying to say.
But I enjoy sports.
Even on TV.
And I'm proud of it.

You could even quiz me on some terminology and some college teams and I would provide some answers.
They may not be completely correct, but who cares, really?
I do know what Oklahoma football is ranked right now...
Number 1!!!!

In my mind, anyway. 

I had a conversation with my mom the other day. It went like this:

me: "Mom, am I the only mom that feels like I have to mop my floor and give my child a bath after every meal?"
mom: "No, you're not. If you remember, your dad and I used to lay newspaper down around your highchair so the clean up was easier. And we fed you in a diaper." 
me: "oh. yeah. That explains alot."

Don't you just love these faces?
I sure do.

4 comments:

  1. Karissa I love this post because I've found the same thing happening to me! Except here it's Notre Dame football! I thought I could never get into baseball but Will is from Houston and we're moving to Dallas next year so Go Rangers! I find the more I know about the sports the more I enjoy it. So having also married a sports nut I am learning a ton, watching sports a ton, and enjoying all that time with my husband! Go Irish! Go Cougars! and Go Rangers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when our Tampa Bay Rays were in the world series, i loved watching it too! and just buy some cardinals gear for your little guy, if you have him w/ you in the grocery store, then he's got you covered:) i never watched sports on tv 'tll i got married. well once w/ a boyfriend, but i didn't like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I just love the pictures :o) I have seriously contemplated getting those really cheap, disposable dropcloths and just tossing them afterwards. Or the washable kind and just throwing them in the washer. We don't subscribe to the newspaper (and Rexburg doesn't have a chinsy free one like KC does), but I'd totally use your mom's idea if we did!

    Go you for being a sports fan! Mitch loves to watch some sports on tv. When it came to the World Cup a few years ago we watched every...single...game. And I enjoyed it by the end. Especially hearing that awesome last name of the star player "shabalala..." Sports are growing on me. But don't tell anyone, b/c I never thought it would happen to me, either! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This baseball phenomena has been happening in my life, too! Luke's been trying to get me into baseball for 5 years now and all of a sudden it clicked and I'm watching the World Series by myself while he's studying-it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete