Thursday, November 3, 2011

There's a monster in my...

The baby's asleep, or, well, getting there, which means I have at least 1 hour to accomplish anything I choose. My list looks something like this:

-clean up the breakfast mess in the kitchen
-sweep and mop the floor, specifically the puddle of spit up
-throw in a load of laundry, fold 2 loads
-work out with Jillian
-clean my room
-de-fossilize the oatmeal stuck to Bubs' highchair.
-shower 

I could go on...

But I really want to blog, so here I am. In front of my computer and not cleaning something.
This is real life, yo.


Have any of you read the book The Five Love Languages? 
I have. At least once. Skimmed a couple other times.
I've been thinking about love languages alot lately.
Mostly trying to figure out what mine is.
So I made a list of things I like that make me feel really loved.
I showed it to Mister Man.
Guess what he said?
"Your love language is called Karissa Love Language"


He's right.
It's just a strange conglomeration of all sorts of love languages. 
Really confusing and difficult for a husband.
Poor guy.


One time, I put a tank top in the washer.
When it came out, it looked like this:


I think there's a monster hiding in there.

I often dream of having a monster-less, middle-spinning-thing-less, non-top loading, beautiful washer someday.
Today is not that day.
Mostly because we had to put 8 tires on our cars.
I could've bought a brand new washer/dryer set for how much those stinkin' tires cost.
Why are cars money pits?
And why am I still talking about tires? I think I've successfully beat a dead horse.
No more tires. Promise.

I found the perfect apartment I want us to move in to.
The price is absolutely right. 
Everything feels right and good about it. So far. In my head.
Problem? It costs nearly 2 grand to break our current lease.
Which ends July 31.
Oy. 
Patience has never been my strong suit.

Today it is windy, cold, and rainy.
I have to go to Costco.
Have. To.
Why does that always happen to me?
Maybe someday I'll learn that bright, sunny, warm, days are much better Costco days.

And how's that for random?
Let's get on with our day, now shall we?
Yippe-kai-yay!

5 comments:

  1. ha ha ha! You are so funny! We just bought tires at costco too. Not fun. And I swear I always put of shopping until I absolutely have no more food, and on that day that I absolutely have to go, it's always the worst weather possible. And that tank top made me laugh sooooo hard. You are hil-freakin-larious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always have a mile long to-do list, and a lot of it looks very similar to yours. but, just like you, i usually end up putting most of it off and blogging :) it's just so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I just say how much I do not like the Five Love Languages book, and how much I do like that Scott recognizes that there might be more than 5? Yep. True story. I also love that my word verification for this comment is "dorkers". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pretty, new jewelry! You are so talented! I wish I had jewelry skills like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jewelry is fabulous! You have great taste. Oh, and I think you've priced it very well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete