Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm dreaming of...

Last night we went on a most fun double date with some good friends of ours.

I had this crazy thought that morning that I wanted to do something different. 
Something big. 
Something exciting. 
Naturally, National Treasure popped into my head. 

Of course, I went with it.

I created a Scavenger Hunt competition for the mall.
I will not take full credit for this.
My dad, google.com, and my brain each deserve some credit.

It turned out great! We had an absolute blast doing all the "assignments." We also came up with new rules, regulations, bonuses, and points docked.

Here's just a few pictures.

counting dressing rooms.

featured scent.

picture with items from a random printed wedding registry
who knew over 200 J. Smith name's were in the system?

Best picture of the night:
Cardinals gear.

We finished the night with some amazing pumpkin spice cupcakes and a viewing of Fast Five.
Not quite National Treasure, but who really cares?

If you haven't seen Fast Five, it's pretty entertaining.
In a really hilarious, dumb, The Rock meets Vin Diesel, kinda way.
It was also based in Rio De Janerio, Brazil. 

Which brings me to the whole point of this post:

I have a dream.

I want to learn Portuguese, speak fluently, teach my kids, and one day travel to Brazil.

I don't really care where in Brazil. 
Rio, Sao Paulo, Porte Alegre, Iguazu, any of those places work.
I just want to go there, speak, listen to, and understand the language, meet the people and taste the food.

I fully believe that if I work hard, this dream will come true.


I've been searching for something intellectually stimulating to do for a long time.
Plus, we already have a massive supply of literature, Mister Man already speaks it, and it is a very beautiful language.
I really have nothing to lose.

Now can anyone tell me how exactly my son managed to get the neck of his once piece, zippered, footy pajamas, past his shoulders and down around his waist this morning? 
Without un-zipping it.
Sometimes I wish I had a video monitor. 
Just for laughs.

-If you want the word document for my scavenger hunt list, leave a comment with your email and I'll send it to ya.

Peace, love, and M&M's, yo.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love an e-mail copy of your date night! reebee607@gmail.com And Portuguese/Brazilian vacation sounds like an awesome goal with great rewards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should tell you... I have the same dream! Seriously though... my whole family (pretty much) speaks portuguese and Bryan speaks too, so my WHOLE LIFE i've wanted to go to Brazil! There is a brazilian lady in my ward who wants to learn english, so I've been helping her with English while she helps me with Portuguese! Maybe one day we can all go down to Brazil together haha and p.s.... I would love the date night thing :D sallsababe@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad we missed out! That would have been fun!! But I can say that i had a very sweet and special experience in the temple. But next time count us in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Please send it to me! amberdraper@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete