Monday, November 7, 2011

Stuck in a rut. A cooking rut that is.

Today is one of those days that I fully expect it to be 10 degrees colder outside than it actually is. 
I suppose that is a pleasant surprise. 
We're supposed to get what sounds like a monsoon tonight. 

This is what I love about being in the midwest: unpredictable and warmer than average weather from September to December. 
Every Fall I get surprised again.

(this is my 2nd Fall here in Missouri)

I've been stuck in a cooking rut lately.
How about you?
I finally decided what I want to cook this week:

-roasted lamb
-duck flambe
-filet mignon
-creme brulee

I'll let ya know how it goes...



For reals though, it took me at least 45 minutes to figure out what I was getting at Costco today.
Oh, and remember how I said I always have to go to Costco when it rains?

Guess what?
It was raining today. When I went to Costco.

Really it was more of a shower, or sprinkle. 
Maybe actually more like spitting. 
But rain sounds more dramatic.

I also parked in a spot close to the tire center so they could tighten the lug nuts on the tires they just put on. 
The parking spot was more of a pond.
I realized this after I turned the car off, walked around, and was pulling out Bubs.
It makes so much more sense to keep the car there rather than risk looking like an idiot by re-entering the vehicle and re-parking in a less-ponded area, right?
I figured the mechanics could do it for me.

But guess what?
There were about three hundred people waiting inside the shop needing something.
And only one lonely helper dude.

5 minutes of waiting is too long when you have a small child.
So I left.
I forgot about my car sitting in the pond.
That is until I exited the building and saw the shimmering water in a 3 foot radius around my car.
I also saw my cart full of food.
It was also raining.

The bottom of my jeans are still wet.

That was 2 hours ago.



My child is on a napping hiatus.
What is it with kids these days?
Just when you have them all figured out they go and throw a curve ball on ya.


If you have any suggestions or ideas or favorite recipes for dinner, please, PLEASE, share! I desperately need some help.
Thank you.



the end.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Heather (Walton) Tanner. I just wanted to tell you my all time FAVORITE cooking/baking blog. A ton of what I make comes from this blog, and I have never once been disappointed. bradleykitchen.blogspot.com. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karissa, these pictures are gorgeous!! Did your mom or sister take them?

    PS--one of my least favorite things EVER is when the bottom of my jeans get wet and stay wet for hours...I hate it! It just makes me cold all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately I have been getting excited about pie for Thanksgiving. I recommended the Libby's pumpkin puree and the recipe for pumpkin pie on the back is to die for. Also I recommend a subscription to tasteofhome.com to get more cooking ideas. I just made some great apple pumpkin muffins with streusal! I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete