Monday, November 28, 2011

Mind-Body-Spirit Challenge. Who's with me!?

Well, I'm back.
I'm not sure where I went.
Or what I've done.
But I'm back.

I do know that Thursday night was spent shopping. Mostly it was Mister Man who decided to stay out all night. He's a party animal. At least he got a free $100 gift card to Sports Authority! Made it all worth it. 

All our Christmas shopping is done. Woot!

Thanksgiving was delish. I'll post recipes later. I promise. I think...

And now we enter the Christmas season!
Cloudy skies.
Cold air.
Christmas music.
Christmas decor.
And more.

I've been thinking alot this season about giving.
Mostly because I had a very selfish week and was called to humility by God in a way that I was not expecting. 
I'm still overcoming my selfishness and desire for wanting new things and more things. 

But last night I had a stellar idea that I thought would help me focus on what's more important. 

Enter: Mind-Body-Spirit Challenge

From now until Christmas I will be focusing on challenging my mind, body, and spirit. 
Here's how it'll go down.

Mind- De-junk and de-clutter our apartment. Get rid of any excess stuff that we don't need or don't use. Donate all of it to a needy shelter or charity in the local area. Also collect some canned food and goods to donate as well.

Body- Exercise 5-6 times a week before starting my day. Strive to eat healthy, smaller portions, and not eat any excess sugar. If there's a get together, church activity, friends activity, etc then it's okay to have a treat, but not 3 or 4 or 10. Limit myself and have control over my false "needs." (this is especially needed right after Thanksgiving, right!?)

Spirit- Our Stake President challenged us to start and finish the Book of Mormon in 90 days. Well, I was already reading and deep in Alma, but I started over. I've only been reading one or two chapters a day, which is not enough, so now I'm committing to reading at breakfast, before bed, and any other time I can find in the day. I want my testimony to grow and my spirituality to increase.

So, who's with me? 
Would you like to join me in my quest to be better?
I would love to have you working side by side me and have someone to be accountable to.

If you don't want to do the whole thing, and you're in the St. Louis area, why don't you join me in de-junking and donating? I can collect everything you don't want (or you can collect it and go with me) and take it down to a shelter or somewhere else in the city that is in need. The more people get involved, the more we can donate, and the more we can bless the lives of others!

I promise you'll feel better.
Your house will probably feel better too.
And it's a perfect time to get rid of stuff before more presents and toys make their way in in 4 weeks.

If you want to join my challenge, leave a comment with your email address or email me (karissadodds at gmail.com) and I will send an email out every day motivating and reminding you about the challenge.

Good luck my friends! Here we go! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks this is exactly what I needed to hear and to do. I'm with you. LaurAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm... yes, please! shadowsherwood@yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Karissa! Not only are you bettering yourself but encouraging others also. I will probably join you at your quest. Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I love decluttering. It really does make you feel so good! I just read a fantastic quote about keeping your home clean and decluttered so that the spirit can dwell there. I will look itup and give it to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea! And yes, please. :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete