Friday, November 11, 2011

Ode to the Hand Mixer

Ode to the Hand Mixer
please press play



My dear year old hand mixer
You have brought such great joy to me.
In the kitchen with the bowls
and cakes,
and all that is real sweet.
You have helped me
on my way 
to become
the best cook I know.
Thank you for the year we had
and for the cinnamon cream cheese frosting.

That was your last batch of it
and that's what caused your great demise.
When I made the cookies last night
you held on tight until the end.
Then you heaved a heavy sigh
and left me with
a spoon nearby.
Now you're dead and
I will progress
and will not buy you ever again.

You were the third or the fourth one
I do not know I lost my count.
In the three years that we've been married
that's as pathetic as it sounds. 


No more hand mixers for this gal
they make me cry
and then they die.
Instead I'll be vigilant
in asking for a Kitchen Aid.
Why I did not buy one first
I do not know
but now it's clear.
Less mess, less fuss, more joy for us
cooks in the world when hand mixers die.

Save your dimes
you'll be more fine
if you just buy a KitchenAid.
They sure don't die, they look real cute
they make you sigh 
and want to buy.

So let this dear ode be guide
to all those cooks who can't decide.
Whether to go buy a mixer 
or to buy a KitchenAid.
KitchenAid would be the smart choice
no raising your voice
when mixers die.
Yes, you would be oh so wise
to just go buy a KitchenAid.


Can you guess what's on my Christmas list this year?

3 comments:

  1. We love our KitchenAide! And the company is fantastic! We had a problem with ours and the company mailed us a brand new one for FREE. I just wish we had bought a bigger one instead of the smaller size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! We had the same dilemma after making batch after batch of homemade frosting. It is SOOO annoying trying to mix in all that powdered sugar by hand!

    Here's a cheaper alternative to the KitchenAid...best part? It retails for $185 and is over $100 off on Amazon! I bought mine about a month ago with a birthday gift card I got and I LOOOVE it. It can still be a hand mixer when you want it to be, but it is every bit as tough, sturdy and durable as my mom's professional grade kitchenAid always was!

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017W2706/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you would really like the Kitchen Aide, but I must admit, I LOVE MY BOSCH!

    ReplyDelete