Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas spirit

Sometimes I think Scott and I are too nice. Especially me.

It's the weekend. Scott's done with school for 3 weeks. We gotta get this baby out!

I finally slept SO good last night and could breathe the whole night. It was fantastic! I like being at the end of a cold. :-)

The past couple days we delivered Christmas goodies to a bunch of friends. It was one of the most rewarding things I've done in a long time! It was definitely alot of work to make 100 cake bites, 100 cookies, a pan of butterscotch rice krispys, and a bowl of muddy buddies, plate about 20 plates, cover them and deliver, but it was SO worth it!

It was such a wonderful experience to be able to see people in our ward outside of church. I also felt like I was inspired to include a couple additional families on our list. When we delivered to those families it was clearly evident why I felt we needed to include them. One of them said to us "you have no idea how much I needed a treat tonight." Another two families seemed thrilled at having us come. They were younger couples who seem like they need friends our age, just like we do. Another family we weren't sure what apartment they were in. Scott wanted to give up but I was very adamant about knocking doors until we found it if we had to. I knew how strong the impression was to give to them and I wasn't about to give up. We found them right away and it was perfect timing. And a great conversation and start of a friendship.

So, overall, despite the cold air, gas money and work it took, it was so worth it. Definitely one of my favorite parts of Christmas that we'll continue doing every year! I just wish I had all the money and means available to take things to everyone! Our ward is just so awesome it was hard to narrow it down...thus why we had 20 plates. :-)

Anyway, it was a really good experience for me and also for us as a couple. We had alot of fun and that awesome warm fuzzy feeling.

As for the baby? We give him pep talks everyday telling him much we want to see him and hold him and love him. We tell him it's much more fun outside of the belly and that we want to have him here soon! We feel pretty good about getting him here early. We're trying to stay really positive and use the power of The Secret (law of attraction) to get him out. Unfortunately, too many people keep telling us that most first babies are late, the longer they are in the better, don't expect to have him early, expect him a week late, etc. I've heard all that a billion times and I know it's more normal to have first babies late, but I also feel that with alot of prayers, pep talks and a positive attitude he'll come early. :-) I just have to make sure I am completely, 100% ready and then I think the pep talks will work even better. I still got to install the car seat, wash all his clothes and blankets, make some freezer meals, get a few last minute things, etc. I plan on him coming in about 2 weeks.

And don't you tell me I'm wrong!! :-) (just send positive early vibes for him)

And that is enough blabbing for today. Perhaps I'll go to the grocery store. Or library. Or somewhere. Scott is watching the BYU game with some buddies so I'm on my own for a bit. The end.

2 comments:

  1. What a great tradition to have--making and delivering goodies. So much fun and well-received!

    Hang in there and keep thinking positive that the baby will come early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cute! I loved your little "the end" at the end :o)

    I planned on having Nathan here late, and he came five days early, WAY before my mental calendar had him coming. So, I had a HUGE list of chores to do the day he was born (when i'd be home all day). Needless to say, when my mom came on Wed. night, she ended up cleaning instead of sleeping in our apartment. I felt so guilty! I'd say more power to you to be ready to go anytime!

    I love washing baby clothes, by the way :o) A baby'll double your laundry (however THAT works!), but seeing those tiny socks or hats or onesies never gets old! :o)

    By the way, Monday night, November 1st, the night before we had him, I was MISERABLE and just sobbing cause I didn't want to be pregnant anymore. (Some would call me a baby, but anyone reading this who hasn't been preggo has no room to talk!) Mitch asked in our family prayer for Nathan to come early if it was Heavenly Father's plan. Needless to say, five/six hours later I was having contractions, and twelve hours later we had a baby! :o)

    ReplyDelete