Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas, baby, life

Perhaps I should record our wonderful Christmas together.

It was SO low stress and very relaxed! I absolutely loved it. Granted, I did miss being with family, but I really enjoyed just being with my hubby. On Christmas Eve we spent the day cleaning and organizing our apartment. It was actually really fun to work together and get it all spick and span. We also got everything 100% completely done for the baby. All the laundry is done, everything is cleaned, put away and ready for a baby. Later on we ate some dinner and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" on tv. I've never seen it before. I loved it!! Probably one of my new favorite Christmas movies. Afterward we had a nice spiritual discussion, sang some Christmas songs and went to bed.

Christmas morning we got up, made a delicious breakfast feast together and cleaned it up together. Then we opened our stockings first before the presents. Scott played the role of his dad from their house of handing out the gifts one at a time. Of course with just two of us it didn't last long. But we had a fun time. :-) One of our favorite gifts was from his parents...a beautiful, framed, large, picture of Christ with children gathered around. We only have a small picture of Christ, so it's nice to have something large for the wall!

Later on that afternoon we cooked some yummy rolls, sweet potatoes and a ham for Christmas lunch with the Williams and Missionaries. All of us were running late, but it turned out great anyway. It was fun to be with friends and Missionaries to eat a big feast. Then we called our families and chatted a bit before watching a movie. Then it was pretty much bed time. So not really exciting, but very chill which was perfect.

Also, it snowed. Like 4 inches. It was gorgeous!!

As for baby news, well there's not really much. I definitely haven't been feeling good this weekend at all. On Thursday we went to the mall, the loop and the Zoo to walk around and get moving. It was fun to be with the Reheisse's and get some exercise. Did it help the baby move? Who knows. But Friday late afternoon til now I have just been feeling icky. Super tired, a fair amount of contractions and crampiness, and just feeling nauseous and icky. We've also noticed that he seems to have dropped some. Maybe not a huge amount, but my belly looks different now than the pictures I took a week ago. It'd be nice to know when this baby is coming. I know he's due in 2 weeks, but I just want to have him this week! Like tomorrow would be fabulous.

Last week I told Scott I couldn't have a baby that week because I didn't feel ready and had so much to do. But that once I got everything done, he could come. I also have a doc appointment scheduled on the 27th. When we made the appointment I was thinking "Oh, that's the day I want to have the baby." Also, my mom said he could come anytime after 10 am on Sunday (today) before the 30th. Now that everything is done I have no stress and it's just a waiting game. It'd be interesting to see if any of those thoughts produce anything...

We got bored this afternoon so Scott suggested packing up whatever we could for the hospital. So now we really are completely ready. I can't think of anything we haven't done that we need to do. Maybe our child will get the idea and come soon! I've been looking up acupressure points and different things to do to induce labor naturally. But honestly, I don't think it really works unless the baby is coming. And how can anyone really directly correlate the use of pressure points with labor? There is no way to prove that that's what actually did it. But it's worth a shot and can't cause any harm, so we've tried a little bit. Not religiously though. Everyone keeps saying he'll come when he's ready. And I know that. It's just so hard to not get all excited and get my hopes up for sooner rather than later. Ideally he would come tomorrow or Tuesday so my sisters can see him before going off to BYU. If he waits, Danica won't get to see him until August!!! Which would be so sad...

So here's to praying for a Carrie & Jacob/Brouwer's experience. They had Elizabeth the day before the Brouwer's moved to Australia for the next few years. Danica and Jasmine leave on the 31st, so maybe we'll have a baby on the 29th or 30th? That'd be spectacular!!!

Anyway, enough about me blabbing on and on. I'm just tired of waiting and I'm so ready to hold our little guy and cuddle him up. I haven't stopped praying and haven't lost faith for an early baby. We'll see how the Big Guy upstairs decides to bless us.

2 comments:

  1. love your chill Christmas!! :o) How wonderful!

    I went into labor and had Nathan on a Tuesday and my mom was scheduled to fly out Wednesday morning! It's so hard being so far away because it's hard to change flights and stuff last-minute without selling a kidney! I hope for your sake (and for the sake of all the early prep work you've done!) that you get to have him early! It was funny; Mitch included having the baby "if it be Thy will" in our family prayer on Monday night, and Tuesday at 6 am I had contractions strong enough to wake me up! :o) I guess he was ready! :o) It's the worst waiting game in the world. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! Feeling nauseous is a good sign, at least in my experience. I always go into labor at night. Every time it has been preceded by a bout of nausea and even diahrrea (sorry if that's TMI). I hope he comes soon!

    ReplyDelete