Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kitchen Disaster

This is the butter/shortening mix. Oops.


I've never had cookies look this bad...I must have really been asleep.


We got bored standing in line at graduation.


Well, today I had a kitchen disaster.

"Were you still asleep when you started cooking?" -Scott

That's pretty much what happened. I don't know what I was thinking but it wasn't good.

1. I realized I needed an onion to make Clam Chowder. We got one.
2. I started making cookies while Scott was fetching the onion. I used 2 cubes of butter...one of which needed to also go in the Clam Chowder (I didn't realize this til later...)
3. We had no chocolate chips but I was craving chocolate chip cookies, so I decided to make my own chips. I don't really suggest doing that...
4. The first batch of cookies were literally dripping off the pan as a result of using the homemade chocolate chips.
5. I realized I had used the butter I needed for the Clam Chowder in the cookies...I was short a 1/4 cup. So i called mom.
6. I decided to try using shortening instead of the missing 1/4 cup of butter.
7. Scott finished the cookies, without the homemade chips, and I finished the soup.
8. The soup actually turned out delicious!

Note to self:
-Before cooking two different things, make sure you have all the ingredients for both. Also, go grocery shopping.

The only problem with grocery shopping is that I'm starting HCG next week sometime and I won't be able to eat hardly anything so I don't want to buy stuff I won't be able to use.

6 comments:

  1. im going on the diet tomorrow. ahh. the first two days aren't too different, but by wed afternoon i will be wanting to shoot someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry! Unlucky for me, pretty much everything I try to cook or bake turns out like that...I guess i'm always asleep! And Mitch's mom is an expert...PRESSURRRRE!!!! (luckily she's nice! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe...funny cooking story! ps...your lesson was awesome on Sunday. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My question is how did you attempt to make homemade chocolate chips. That sound intriguing and I might want to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations congratulations congratulations for graduating!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hold on, i just re-read this for some reason. (i hope you get your comments emailed to you). and i see you are (now i guess) on the hCG diet? i have some, but don't know how/where to start (even though i have the attachments from your dad). you don't need it, just tell me more. tiffanyfeger@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete