Thursday, May 20, 2010

Medieval Joust!

I am so excited for today!!!! We have the Knights of Mayhem coming to our school today to do a real, authentic, Medieval Joust ON HORSES!!!!! It's going to be so dang cool! I'll post pictures later.

Afterwards we'll have a bunch of booths set up for a Medieval Fair. It will be another fantastic day! Yesterday was pretty awesome. No kids in the morning, and Science Day in the afternoon. So I got a ton of stuff done before kids came, and then parents were here to do all the experiments so I just had crowd control. It was great.

I still cannot believe how fast the year is ending!!! Today we have the joust in the morning and a program in the afternoon. Tomorrow is year book signing, dance practice, buddies, centers (maybe?). Monday is a school wide dance practice. Tuesday is the dance festival in the am and basketball game in pm. Wednesday is the Field Day. Thursday is the awards assembly. Friday is only an hour and a half of school! It blows my mind.

In other news, I really love playing soccer. I came into this season wanting to be better, faster, and enjoy it more. All of those things have happened. We've practiced a ton more this season, so that's awesome. I really like playing forward and taking shots on goal, however, I think I'm better at defense. And I like it more too. I seriously am not afraid to run right up to people and try to get the ball away. A couple games ago I actually ran in front of a guy to cut him off and he totally fell hardcore. They didn't call a foul. It was pretty sweet. I don't really mind falling either. I think it means I'm being aggressive (sometimes clumsy, but mostly aggressive). Hopefully we'll be able to find some friends in St. Louis who we can put together a team with. That'd be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I love soccer too but unfortunately haven't played in a while. Have soo much fun on your last week of school. I LOVE the end of the year and was sad to miss it at my school. Luckily baby Gavin totally makes it worth missing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun last week & a half of school! In all my school years I don't think we ever had a party like that at the end of the year. The joust sounds totally sweet!!

    ReplyDelete