Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pigs, Mary Kay, Chicken BBQ lasagna

Today I took my class to the Thanksgiving Point farm with the whole kindergarten team.

We were debating not to go. Rain...no rain...? As we were loading up the bus it was pouring. Also while we were driving.

But once we arrived? No rain! For the entire time. It was great!

The kids LOVED seeing all the animals and feeding them and riding on the tractor. I must admit, there is something to be said about big and little animals in cages that allow you to pet them. Pretty cool.

Near the end I witnessed something I would've rather not witnessed.

2 pigs doing it.

Yeah, that's right. One was on it's hind legs behind the other, and well, you get the idea.

I'm just so glad my class is young enough to not understand and to have no idea what was going on. I thought it was pretty funny. Kinda gross. I kinda wish I would've taken a picture so I could show Scott. He thought it was hilarious.

Unfortunately for me, I had to still teach in the afternoon. I guess that's what I get for teaching the OEK (all day) class. I think they should pay me more... ;-) Naw, I'm just lucky to have an amazing job.

Also, I signed up to be a Mary Kay consultant. I decided I have nothing to lose and only things to gain. I've always thought being a MAC girl would be fun, so I guess this is another way to do it. Plus I think I'm pretty good socially, cosmetically and girly. Helps too that I've been in sales for a couple years... Maybe I'll make some money. Maybe not. I like the product alot so why not try and sell it?

Tonight for dinner? Lasagna with chicken and some BBQ sauce. I got the idea for BBQ from my awesome mentor LaurAnn. She's amazing. And I figured people eat chicken with pasta all the time, so why not lasagna? (I also don't have any hamburger...) Wish me luck, I'll report later!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I have a bunch of sample and demo cosmetics that I can't sell...you are WELCOME to them!! I'd love to mail them to you and get them off my hands...it just reminds me how lazy I was with the business and just let it fail. Not a great memory, but signing up right before you move 8 hours away isn't great, either! :o) Seriously, let me know when I can mail them to you! And your address or whatever :o) I'd love to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend, lindsay, is a mary kay consultant. she just did teacher appreciation days at some schools and did pampering for teachers. i think everybody should have a 2nd job or "home business" so you can write everything off! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice..... good luck with your summer break and cooking adventures :) Glad you had fun at TP too......... no matter how 'interesting' it got :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the BBQ Lasagna was amazing. That's a combination I wouldn't have pictured. Good luck with Mary Kay. I could never do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great recipe idea! We are big chicken fans and I'm needing some new ideas on how to use it. I'll have to try it this September after Family Camp! :)

    ReplyDelete