Wednesday, May 26, 2010

blessings

As I sit here and reflect on the past few months, I'm realizing how incredibly blessed Scott and I have been. I am in complete awe about how everything has just fallen into place.

It all started around November-ish last year. Scott was getting close to graduation and still way unsure about his plans for the future. I was feeling really unsettled too. What was I going to do for work after December? It seemed like our life was totally dark with no light to lead the way and no inspiration as what to do.

It makes me think of a quote we talked about in Sunday School: Sometimes you need to take a couple steps in the darkness before the light appears to show the way. (or something like that)

Then, we realized we were asking and praying for the wrong things. We thought we were supposed to be praying to know what to do and where to go. When really, we needed to be praying for the strength and decision of when to start a family. We both felt very strongly that we needed to stop controlling and start trying. So we nonchalantly did. And decided when it's time and happens, it's right.

After we made that decision, everything started falling into place. No joke. That decision was made right before Thanksgiving. We went to Kansas for the holiday and spent some time with our cousins in Branson. Funny thing is, Scott has always had this inkling in the back of his head to be a chiropractor. During that vacation, my dad went to see the chiropractor and Scott went with him. The next day we were with our cousins whose father (my uncle) happened to be a chiropractor for many years. They talked quite a bit.

By the time we got home, Scott had decided he wanted to be a chiropractor. When he mentioned it I felt instant comfort, excitement and relief. It felt so right. So he deferred graduation and started his pre-requisites.

Well, things in my life changed too. Literally 2 days after I finished student teaching I interviewed with a school and was hired on as a full time kindergarten teacher. That doesn't happen people.

Now as there are only a couple days left of school, I've been wondering what to do this summer to keep me busy and make some money. The answer came today. I will be doing Mary Kay as well, but I was offered a job teaching summer school for 2 weeks in June.

I also found out a couple days ago that I will be receiving a substantial bonus check for my kid's reading test scores. That will also come in June.

Those 2 combined checks will be very close to the right amount to move us out to St. Louis.

It's like everything I've been worrying about and wondering is starting to fall into place. I have never felt so incredibly blessed. Ever. I just can't believe how much the Lord loves me and loves Scott and how much He is taking care of us.

It almost makes me want to cry. I seriously could not have asked for a better husband and a better life with that man. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such incredible blessings. But I do know I have been through my fair share of trials. And I can say I am so grateful for that too because I have learned so much. I have learned much about children, co-workers, and mostly myself.

My life is amazing. Thank you God for everything You have given me.

As for a family...well, sometimes it takes some people longer to get pregnant than others.... When it's right, it'll happen.

7 comments:

  1. thats amazing, everything you just told me is amazing and miracle worthy. You are amazing. keep up the good work. I'll proabably call you in order to keep my kids reading scores as good as yours. PS, can i come by your school and drop off a resume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That is amazing! I'm sooo, so proud of you guys! We've had things fall into place with prayer like that too!

    I had no idea teachers could get bonuses for test scores: is Heavenly Father blessing you for your talent, or what!? :o) I'm so excited for you guys! I feel like we can relate so well to each other--you were always a few years older and wiser, but now I feel like age doesn't matter that much anymore! :o)

    PS--if you were on that "wonderful" birth control for a long time (ugh I hate mine...) it can take your body quite awhile to wear that stuff off and get back to normal! Good luck with everything! I wish I had baby advice for you, but we weren't exactly planning ours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I loved reading this post. And you totally deserve it. You are always giving to everyone. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karissa you guys are so amazing. I loved to hear your story and testimony. We are really going to miss you when you move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful to hear! Way to go on the kids reading scores! To give you some comfort and I guess comparisons, it took Perry and I about 9 months to get pregnant. We start in September and got pregnant the end of May. Anyway, it was worth the wait and it turned out to be the perfect timing for our family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you lots! This post is amazing! It's so good to record things like this so you remember when things aren't working...then you remember that they really do...for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to miss you when you move! I know we haven't spent a ton of time together or anything, but I still think you are great. I'm so excited to hear about the happenings in your little family over the next few months! Jim is very excited that there will be a Chiropractor in the family, too!

    ReplyDelete