Friday, May 7, 2010

Just an update

Wow, I think I've been neglecting this blog. Oh well. I guess I have other more important things going on.

This week has been pretty great. On Tuesday we went to Tepanyaki with Shay and Brian. Holy hilarious. Our server was pretty terrible. When he FINALLY took our order, he brought back bowls of soup a couple minutes later. We all opened our silverware rolls to get a spoon. No spoon. So we waited. And waited and waiter. Finally he came back and we asked for a spoon. "Actually, you just drink it right out of the bowl. That's how it's done here." No spoon? Seriously? We joked about it for the next 20 minutes. We even thought about running over to Sonic to get a spoon. Strange thing is, they serve ice cream, so I know they have them!

What kind of server denies their table a spoon when they ask? I don't care how Japanese you are, you just don't do that when serving.

We were pretty peeved and almost walked out a few times because it was taking so long...at 9:00pm. But we stayed. Our chef was pretty awesome so that mostly made up for it.

Other than that, I had our Kindergarten Program last night. It was great!! Only 12 of my 20 kids showed up, but they were awesome. It was really cute.

Oh, and it's Teacher Appreciation week. Maybe someday when I start and finish the year in the same class, or when I've been at school for awhile it'll be much better. I did get some really pretty flowers, chocolate, a Dr. Pepper, a head scratcher thing and a big box of paper (question mark?). So it hasn't been totally bad.

There are only 15 more days of school left! At least 7 of those I don't actually teach. Wow. I'm excited! I can't wait for summer....

....speaking of which...It's May. Isn't it time to turn off my heater at night? Apparently not here in Utah. I can't wait for warm.


Oh, and last week, I was on this salty buttery popcorn kick. I think I ate it everyday for a week. It's been 2 days since I had it. Maybe I need to make some again tonight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment