Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reflections

I cannot believe how time flies! I seriously feel like it was last week that I was hanging bulletin boards and re-arranging my classroom. Now yesterday were the faculty farewells, and we only have 9 days left of school! It blows my mind. As I reflect back on the year I think about how far I've come. I can't believe some of the obstacles and challenges I've had to face. Yet, I believe those things have made me stronger.

I truly love the kids in my class. I will miss all the "Miss Dotts! Look at my new shirt!" "Mrs. Dodds you're the best!" not to mention the mass amounts of hugs I receive all the time and the "you're the best teacher ever!" I will also miss walking down the halls and having older kids wave and say "Hi Mrs. Dodds!"

What a year it's been and I am a little excited to have a break soon. But this summer will be crazy! I don't really want to think about trying to figure out the cheapest way to move, how to get both cars across country, where the heck we're going to live, where I'm going to work, etc etc. There's alot to do! Plus packing, de-junking and cleaning the house. We've accumulated alot of stuff and it'll take awhile to figure out what to get rid of. All in all though, it's exciting and both Scott and I are ready for a big change in our lives.

I'm sure I will have more reflections to come as the year comes to a close.

1 comment:

  1. I know when the Ormonds moved to California they rented a U-Haul truck (they also had 2 kids; I don't know if you'll need a whole truck) and the U-Haul people put a car dolly on the back so it could be towed behind the truck; then the other one drove a car with the kids. You can also do a full trailer if your car rides too low to the ground to tow. I dunno; just an idea I heard and had never thought about before! I was like "how smart!" I LOVE the Miss Dotts--that is SOOO cute!! :o) Enjoy your little ones for the rest of the time you have them!

    ReplyDelete