Friday, September 2, 2011

Picture Dump...and Utah!

I am so. utterly. lame.

And this is why: I failed to take more than 40 pictures in 9 days. On vacation.

And about 10 of those pictures were landscape or food. Not people.

I am lame.

But I cannot be wordy! I'm in a hurry this morning. I must blog, but I must pack up for my trip to KC.
So, in a picture dump, here was our lovely trip to Idaho and Utah!

Whenever we visit Twin Falls, we always visit a waterfall, and we always have to take a self portrait. Mister Man is smokin' hot. Me, well, I hadn't showered, no makeup, same outfit as the day before. Which day we had been travelling for about 12 hours. Ick. Aren't you glad I told ya?

 Nat-Soo-Pah. This is a hot mineral springs pool. I felt like I was at the pool featured in the movie "Sandlot"

The colors are not captured well. But the water was green, and everything else looked retro-vintage. Seriously, "Sandlot."

Bubs went down the water slide!
do not be fooled by their faces, they were going very, very slow.

My smokin' hott man, and my cute baby who has a mohawk the size of Texas.

I stared at this picture for about 10 minutes before I remembered why I took it. There is a lizard hiding somewhere between the rocks. If you can find it, I'll make you cookies. Maybe.


This is how he felt about being trapped in the stroller while we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire.

Hiking to Ross Falls. 
But I have no picture of the falls.
Actually, I do. 
It's just not good enough to post.

Utah! Costa Vida! Happy me!

He obviously knows that my Costa Vida burritio is WAY better than his jarred sweet potatoes.

Uh, this was before the trip. 
He gets stuck there.
Alot.

Bath time.

Mister Man thinks it's really fun to hold Bubs up high in one hand.
Bubs likes it too.
So does everyone at the airport, Jason's Deli, and wherever else this occurs.
This picture does not do the trick justice. 
I will take a better one at another time.

Looking out the window on the plane.

Arriving in Salt Lake City!
yes, I know this is in the wrong order.
Please don't judge.
And disregard how awful I look.
Thank you.

We had a great trip.
My amazing sister in law took some real family pictures while we were in Idaho. 
When I get them, I'll post them.

Looking at this conglomeration of interesting and not incredible pictures makes me wish I had a professional photographer that could follow me around and capture our life. 
Also makes me wish I had a hair and makeup team that could fix me up when I look like I've been travelling all day.

And now I'm headed to Kansas City for the weekend for a good friend's wedding, while
Mister Man is headed to Mississippi for the BYU vs. Ole Miss football game.
lucky.

But I'm excited for the wedding. 
And excited to see my family. 
Au Revoir!

3 comments:

  1. You look just like your mom in the pic of you on the plane. Also, I remember your dad holding Shayla up like that on his hands when she was a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the getting stuck pic, looking out the airplane window and the costa vida burrito! We have one in Rexburg...it's the BEST! Have fun in KC! I'm jealous that you get to be there so often, and I only get to go once a year, twice max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did way better taking pictures on your trip than I ever to! For some reason, I'm busy with both hands full of babies, bottles, strollers, bags, and whatever else you need 5 hands for.
    I ahve a question- when you went to Golds Gym here in Orem, did you ever take the aerobics classes? I've taken 2, and they were both so advanced that they kicked my trash. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete