Monday, September 26, 2011

I am most definitely not Dr. Mom...yet.

Remember that one week I had not very long ago?
The week that my baby threw up 4 times, wouldn't eat anything, wouldn't drink much, and slept like crazy?
Remember how I was so. ridiculously. worried.
But not too worried because he had no fever.

I did not blog about that week.
So of course you don't remember it.
But now I'm telling you about it.
It was. not. fun.

But guess what?
Something happened during that week.
Actually, a few things.

1. 4 new teeth.
yes, you read that right. 4. cuatro. quatre. whatever. 4. Which brings his teeth total to 6 now.
2. a new found ability to army crawl. Then shortly there after real-crawl.
3. a new found ability to pull himself up. on. everything.
4. a sudden shrinkage of all current 3-6 month clothing.

Should I have been worried?
Apparently not.

The bear woke up from his hibernation.
He is now a movin', groovin', chatty, teethy, bottomless pit.

And now, because I am an amazing, busy, poor-college-student-wife-mom, who does not own a ritzy camera, nor keeps a camera attached to her hip at all time (perhaps due to forgetfulness or neglect) here are some ridiculously high quality phone camera pictures. I hope you can read my sarcasm. 


At least there are pictures.


Let's catch up on the last couple months, shall we?
Ready, Go!

 Uh, this was over 2 months ago. Playing with his buddy.

Oh dear. I really do let him get that messy.

 I have no words.

He is much more capable of sitting, crawling, splashing, and swimming in the tub now.
My leg stays outside of the water now.

We put this toy away.
Wonder why...

He really was not this happy.
I swear.
He got extremely mad the second this picture was over.


First time at a restaurant.
Sitting in a high chair.
...at the restaurant...

I'm quite partial to his cuteness.

Don't be fooled.
He was not afraid.
He was actually quite thrilled.

How did he suddenly grow up and look so old?

Smoothies?
Yes, please!!

Enjoying his drink a little too much.

The beginnings of crawling.

Uh, how did this get here?
That's a story for another time.
Oy.

His favorite lovey. 
He really can't sleep without it.


The beginnings of pulling himself up.

"Go Cougs! Beat them Utes!'
...or not...

How drunk was the person who crashed into that?
I was most definitely not driving when I took this...


He found his reflection in the dishwasher.
Good thing he hasn't found the dishes yet.

"What's the big deal, mom?..."

Oh his bare bum is so cute!
don't mind the blurriness... 

This may traumatize him one day, but I think it's utterly fantastic!

He's growing too fast. 


You are now free to move on with your life and attend to other more important obligations.

The End. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Karissa,

    I love your blog. It makes me smile. Your little one is darling.

    Thanks,

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...my...goodness! Karissa he has SO much personality! I love it when they change all of a sudden like that! Nathan did that on our month-long vacation...we came home and no one could recognize him! He did everything that your little man has done, but the teeth...how does your guy have 6 and my guy has NONE!? I LOOOVE the pictures. I always try to take good phone pics to send grandmas but I can't ever get one that isn't blurry! I swear my camera's shutter speed is, like, two seconds!

    ReplyDelete