Saturday, September 24, 2011

Inspiration

Sometimes when I feel like I've hit a rock wall and can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel, the Lord reminds me that He is in control, and that He hasn't forgotten me.

Tonight I heard one of the most incredible and inspiring talks I've heard in a long time. It was at the Relief Society General Broadcast. If you don't know what I'm talking about, jump on over here  or here and you can check it out. Basically, it's a night that women in our church come together to be inspired by some of our leaders.

Tonight did not disappoint.

Elder Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk about forget-me-not flowers. He outlined 5 things we should remember as women, 5 things for the 5 petals of the flower.

1. Forget not to be patient with yourself. God is aware that you are not perfect, and also that those you think are perfect are not perfect. Be grateful for small successes.
2. Forget not the difference of a good sacrifice and a poor sacrifice. Am I committing my time and energy to the things that matter most?
3. Forget not to be happy now. Enjoy the simplicity of the candy bar and stop searching for the golden ticket (willy wonka). Don't put happiness on hold to wait for something to appear in the future. Enjoy the blessings you have now. Discover and treasure the beauty of everyday moments.
4. Forget not the "why" of the gospel. Don't focus on the to-do list. The eternal fire of the gospel is the "why."
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you. God has not forgotten you. In your deepest, darkest moments, the Lord loves you and has not forgotten you. You are known and remembered by the most majestic being of the universe. 

Pretty amazing. I can't wait for the talk to be printed and posed so I can have it and read it over and over. I think every woman who was listening felt like that talk was for them. I know it was for me. I know I needed it right not. Especially being happy now and remembering that God loves me and has not forgotten me. 

It also helped that I have some really amazing friends. I have felt so loved, remembered, valued, and cared about here by my friends. I feel like I can talk to other women and they know what I'm going through and have had similar experiences. I feel like I'm not alone. It's really amazing. And I'm very grateful. 

And of course it helps to have an amazing husband and the most adorable baby. Who has discovered how to pull himself up to standing in his crib, has discovered our dvd tower and how it can be pulled down, and who has discovered how to crawl. Everywhere. And follow me around. It's so cute. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Conference tonight! It was amazing! I immediately thought of planting my entire yard with forget-me-nots...

    ReplyDelete