Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Car seat

So we bought a car seat over a month ago. We thought it would be great and it was really inexpensive, so we thought it was a good idea. After we'd had it that long, I suddenly started thinking a couple days ago that I didn't like it. It seemed too small, squishy and an uncomfortable angle for the baby. It also fit terribly in our car! The latch system allowed about 3 inches of wiggle space on both sides, and only one of our 3 seat belts would get tight enough to hold it down, and it still didn't fit that great.

So, last night we decided to see what other options there was a Babies R Us. We had a coupon and some time. I wanted to original one we got because of the triangle handle. But then I realized that was something I could live without. We also realized at the store that it weighed 15 pounds compared to the new one we got which weighs 9 pounds. So, we found a sweet Chicco travel system we really liked, estimated the cost with our coupon and decided it was worth it to have something that we liked better, felt was safer, and fit in our car easier.

At the register we got another surprise. The first car seat we bought we used a $20 off coupon. When they exchanged it, they gave us the full price back. So, we actually got $80 off the new set vs. the $60 that we were thinking. So, it turned out to be what we thought was a great deal!

The funniest part is that this travel system was the original one we registered for (except in a different color), but decided not to get because it was expensive. However, with the coupons and the money we have been saving for the baby, we could afford it. So, YAY! We have a sweet new car seat and stroller.

Now the baby can officially come. Anytime. Really. Any day. Any second. in fact, now would be great! Seriously, baby, I'm not joking. :-)

2 comments:

  1. aren't you glad you made this decision before the baby comes? I'm not a huge fan of our carseat, but they're only good for 5 years so I think I can stand it for Nathan and another kid.

    I'm so glad you have a travel system you love! I wish we used our stroller more, but we will eventually. Having a wintertime baby in Idaho means not taking baby out much, but it's all good!

    My only advice would be to practice buckling it over and over so you can do it quick when your little man is screaming or wiggling or fussing and it needs to be done quick. I'm only just getting used to ours, and it's taken two months! They make you keep the straps really tight so it's safe, and the five-point buckles are a bit awkward at first. My mother-in-law praised herself for being able to unbuckle it a few days ago before we left their house!

    I can't WAIT for you to have your baby!! I'm wishing you all the best and sending positive thoughts your way! (Yay The Secret!) :o) Teach Scott how to post on your blog or have him post on facebook when the little man makes his appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicco is the best! We love ours! Good luck! Tell that little man to get here fast!!!! We're all excited to meet him!!! :)

    ReplyDelete