Monday, January 24, 2011

Just when you think you know...

Just when you think you know, you have no idea.

That's a little how I feel!!

Remember the post I JUST wrote about how Blake was getting on a good schedule? Yeah, things can change fast. I feel like last night and today (so far) he's totally not on the schedule. I think part of it is due to the fact that he hasn't been getting good naps during the day. It's just so fun to play with him that we keep him up and awake when really he should be sleeping. So I think he's over tired. Which I should've realized last night BEFORE I woke him up to eat after he'd been sleeping for almost 6 hours straight...oops. And he ate a ton before bed, so I'm sure he was fine. But I woke him up and fed him and proceeded to remain awake for almost 2 hours after that because he didn't want to sleep.

Oh yeah, and babies get gas. It's not very fun. It's a recent development this week. He seems alot more cranky and fussy and I'm pretty sure it's due to gas pain. Especially because Scott can "gas him" (push his legs into is chest, expelling bubbles from the tummy), and then he's happier. I'm not very good at it yet. Oh, and remember how the first week we had him we realized he liked his hands up out of the swaddle? Yeah that changed. They have to be down now or he'll break his way out and get mad.

Oh and remember how I hate off-brand newborn diapers? Just get the pampers swaddlers or huggies. It makes for a happier mom and dad.

Oh and remember how everyone told me to take it easy and really relax and rest for a few weeks? Yeah, I didn't realize that I would suddenly feel great after a couple days, want to get out, go grocery shopping, visit a friend, walk around etc, and then suddenly feel like I had digressed back to 4 days postpartum. I over-did it and spent 2 days (and counting) on the couch. It really is true that you have to take it easy no matter how you feel.

It has been so nice to have my mom and then Scott's mom here to help out these past couple weeks. But, I must admit, I am very excited to get into our own groove, our own schedule and our own routine. I think it'll make for a happier family when we all have a routine to follow.

Oh yeah, and remember how I lost 25 pounds in a week? Well, I haven't lost any since. I guess the "real baby weight" falls off quick. Now I gotta work on the "pregnant during the holidays" "have an extra cookie" "those brownies are delicious" "I need some chocolate" weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment