Thursday, January 27, 2011

celebration!

So even though it might change again very soon, I have to take a moment to celebrate our night last night. I fed Blake at 7:30 after we gave him a bath. He slept like a rock in his car seat while we watched the BYU basketball game at our friend's house. He didn't even peep, even when it got REALLY loud. Then he woke up and ate around 11:30 pm when we got home. He slept til 3:30 am. Then went right back to sleep after eating (yay!). Then he slept until 8:00. I was pretty darn excited, not gonna lie! It was pretty nice to feel like I was actually getting some sleep.

We figured out he likes sleeping in his bouncy chair alot more than his crib. It's more cozy and snuggly and propped up so it helps his digestive system not back up. We also started giving him some gas drops, so hopefully that will help him be more comfortable.

He is so snuggly and so cute and we love him SO much!! I think he's starting to get closer to 9 pounds because he is tons heavier when I'm holding him to nurse. I think that's a good thing he's growing.

Oh, and last night I had a wonderful embarrassing moment. I was walking down the stairs at our friend's, and I slipped and crashed and slid halfway down the stairs. In front of a bunch of people. It hurt. And was embarrassing.

2 comments:

  1. yay, Blake! Yay for sleep!! Isn't it great!? I love nights like that. They may not happen every night, but hopefully they'll keep happening more often! (That's what we're wishing at our house, too!) Those gas drops are marvelous. Fantastic invention!

    PS--aren't you glad you took a spill AFTER you had the baby!? It would've been much scarier pregnant! Go Karissa for good timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I saw your post about Blake having gas... unfortunatey, I thing all babies go through that at least a little bit. I'm sure you've been told this a bazillion times, but chocolate will usually make for a gassy & fussy baby. And cheese. Some babies are more sensitive to dairy than others, including cow's milk. And brocolli & cauliflower. And Mexican food. At least that is how it was for me... it is a pain sometimes to avoid those foods, especially if you love cheese & Mexican as much as I do, but it was so much better to skip it than to be up for hours with a fussy baby!

    PS- Nice biff on the stairs! Hope it didn't hurt too badly...

    ReplyDelete