Saturday, January 29, 2011

My mom said something I 100% agree with: Don't you wish you could freeze time after the baby is born until after you're recovered so you can really enjoy him?

Absolutely.

I feel like just when I start feeling really good, something happens and I feel bad again. Last week I walked around and was too active. I paid for it by being in lots of pain again and having to rest for a few days. This weekend I started feeling great again and then I got mastitis. The worst thing about it is that not only does my breast hurt like crazy (and nursing kills!), my whole body is super achy and sore, and I have a low grade fever and chills. It's pretty awful. It started Thursday night and I called the doctor Friday. I started an antibiotic and I've taken some tylenol, so I'm feeling better but still hurting. I guess it's not surprising that I'm still not fully recovered, my body is working overtime to now rid an infection, make milk to feed a baby, and recover from having a baby...all with only 2 1/2 hour increments of sleep every day and night.

On a brighter note, I am SO completely in love with Blake! He just gets more sweet and adorable every day. I absolutely love nursing him too!! I'm a little surprised at that because I was wary of it at first. But it's really a cool thing that I'm the only one that can feed him. It's also such a sweet bonding time. I think my neck is going to be permanently curved down from always looking at him while I hold him and nurse him. I seriously love it. He is such a good baby too! Sometimes when he cries I get frustrated, but then I realize that he hardly ever cries compared to some babies. And even though he has gas, which is getting better, he doesn't cry like colic so that's awesome. Plus he's a great sleeper and he seems to eat pretty well too. Sometimes I just want to hold him and play with him for a long time while he's awake, but he gets overtired and has to take naps or else he gets really cranky. I feel like I'm kind of figuring it out and doing a pretty decent job.

And I have the best husband. He is so sweet and so wonderful. He absolutely loves Blake and takes such good care of him too! Sometimes I do freak out for a mili-second when they play, but then I remember he's a dad, and dads are much more daring than moms (and he would never ever do anything to hurt Blake). :-) And he takes such good care of me. I seriously love that man. I feel so incredibly blessed!!!

2 comments:

  1. haha I agree with the dads being a little rougher during playtime...I had to remind myself how kind Mitch is to Nathan when I realized he's more daring with him than I am!

    Oh no, mastitis!! I'm so sorry! I've heard that's awful! I can't even imagine. You poor thing! I remember asking my mom, "okay, i've almost been nursing for two weeks now, if I haven't had mastitis or bleeding nipples yet, does that mean I won't get them?" She told me no way...so hopefully it's not in my future! *Crosses fingers* I hope you have a great and swift recovery and that you can enjoy every bit of Blake! I just love the newborn stage. Through all the sleeplessness you get to cuddle and take care of an angel, which just makes it ALL worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it is mostly going well. Dads do get that crazy playtime. Wish you lived closer.

    ReplyDelete