Friday, August 6, 2010

Yellowstone

Yesterday we went to Yellowstone and drove the whole loop around the park. It was alot of driving, but it was SO DANG COOL!!!! We saw all kinds of things like:

-Fountain paint pots and midway geyser basin
-Old Faithful
-A few different waterfalls
-Yellowstone Lake
-Mud Volcano basin
-Dragon's Mouth
and...my favorite....


Lower Falls in Canyon Village.

This picture doesn't do this justice.

This is a picture taken on a overlook that is quite literally on top of the brink of the waterfall. pictures are really hard to see the incredible wonder and beauty of this fall and this location. It was the most incredible thing ever. I have never stood almost on top of a waterfall and been able to look down and see the entire thing 309 feet below crashing into the river. The water was also minty green as it went over the edge. It was stunning. I will post more pictures on facebook later.

The best comment of the day was Scott: "Well, I better start praying for a bear..." or something like that. It was hilarious.

He (and everyone else) really wanted to see a bear, so we drove slow looking for one. I found a stump that looked exactly like a bear and we were all out of the car in about 5 seconds flat only to find it was actually a stump. bummer. We didn't end up seeing a bear, though Scott swears he did and we passed it.

Overall it was a very fun day! I loved seeing all the crazy cool things and the amazing creations of God. It was incredible. We want to go camp there for several days so we can see more. And it rained alot on the way back. Happy day :=)

2 comments:

  1. Its so pretty there isn't it! I wanted to see a bear and a moose really bad last time but we didn't have good luck I guess. This time we saw a mama moose and her baby and 2 bears. One ran in front of our car. It. Was. Awesome. I think that the Lower Falls is my favorite too. You should take Uncle Tom's Trail to the bottom of it next time. The pictures and view are amazing from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE yellowstone and haven't been there for so long! I love those paintpots and everything else that goes along with Yellowstone! We are seriously counting the days for you to get here! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete