Saturday, August 28, 2010

friends!

So yesterday was such a good day!

It started off with getting an email from my good friend and former co-teacher at Hillcrest. It was SO good to hear from her! And to hear from someone back in Utah. So that was a really fun thing. Then Scott and I had a really fun conversation for awhile about life and what happens after he's done with school.

Then, we met our neighbors.

Now, here in St. Louis there is not such a high concentration of LDS people as in Utah. And, there is tons of housing everywhere, so to be in the situation we realized we're in is remarkable. In our complex, more specifically, our building, 3 LDS couples (including us) moved in in the past week and a half. We live on the back part of the B floor, our neighbors live on the front part and we have another LDS family under them. So basically, we're all within about 30 feet from each other. In the same building, same floor, and one underneath.

It's pretty amazing how that happened. Before any of us moved in there was nobody in our ward in this whole huge complex. Oh, did I mention we're not even in the main part of the complex? We're in the "phase 2" which is about a mile up a hill through a residential neighborhood. So the odds that we would move in at the same time as these other two families is incredibly slim.

Oh, did I mention that the family that lives on the front side of our building on the same floor is also starting school at the same time as Scott? He's not into the doctorate program yet, but they will still have the same schedule and different classes. I'm thinking carpooling...

Oh, did I mention that his wife delivered their first baby at home and their second (4 month old) in a hospital with a home birth setting? Exactly what I want to do. And they did it with Medicaid. And they've done and are doing food stamps.

Basically, I am SO freakin excited because they're way cool and we've already talked to them a ton. And they're coming over for dinner tonight! And it is so fun to have a friend so close! Plus, since they have kids, she's not working while her hubby is in school, so we can totally be lonely Chiro-wives together! wahoo!! (and we still have to meet the other couple. They've been out of town)

God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I'm so excited for you! I remember my first week at BYU-I and just wanted friends!! It feels so great to be making friends! I hated starting over with friends when we got married! We're best friends with our neighbors across the porch and I just love having someone so close to hang out with! Enjoy! Yay, blessings! I'm sure they're raving about you guys just like you are about them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoooooorrrrraaaaayyyyy!!!! Another "Mormon Villa"! :)

    ReplyDelete