Monday, August 2, 2010

The latest from us

It seems to have been awhile since I last wrote anything, so here I am, writing something.

It's been such a fun weekend! I guess the weekend is over now, but it was fun! We drove up to Twin Falls on Wednesday afternoon with Emily and Hyrum. We almost got pulled over by a cop, but by the time he got out of the ditch and turned around we had slowed down enough and he was too far behind us to be interested. He pulled someone else over.

Thursday we set up some stuff at the church for Susan's reception. Friday we had an AMAZING breakfast by the Twin Falls waterfall in the park. It was gorgeous and perfect temperature! Then we helped finish the reception set up. It was pretty spectacular. That night we had the reception for Susan. It was pretty fun hanging out and chatting with the family. Oh, and Becky came from Australia! She surprised everyone by coming. I had a feeling she'd show up, she's pretty sneaky like that. It was so fun to have her there! Saturday morning was the wedding. It was a wonderful sealing and it was really neat to have every single one of Scott's brothers and sisters there. Unfortunately afterwards it was blazing hot outside and we had all the pictures. Luckily it wasn't my wedding day so I didn't have to take a million pics! Then the luncheon was fun. Then they left.

On Saturday late afternoon I went shopping with Becky for some pregnancy stuff and somehow Kim found us in the mall and directed us to Costco. Amazingly enough they had the cutest maternity clothes there! BUT, they are the kind of clothes that look really cute NOW but they also stretch with you as you grow so they fit the whole pregnancy! Both Becky and I got a couple things (our boys will be a little more than a month apart). It was fun to try them on and see how the same shirt looked on me now, and how it looked on Becky who has more of a prego belly (7th kid). I was SO excited about my purchase! And still am. I got 3 shirts and the dang, stinkin, cutest jeans ever! They seriously as SO comfy but they are SO stylish too! And they don't look like maternity jeans. The brand of clothes is: www.lilacclothing.com. Lucky for us, the display in Costco had the clothes for over 50% off the internet price. So, my $40 jeans are $90 online. I may have to go back... :-)

Everyone left on Sunday except for us and Kim Dray's family...well, her 3 youngest kids and her. So we're going to do some fun things today with them! It's been SO great to hang with them because we never get to see them and I haven't ever gotten a chance to know her kids til now. They're pretty awesome.

It's also been kinda fun to accumulate some cute stuff for our baby here. We've gotten several gifts from brothers and sisters as well as Scott's grandma. We are SO excited for this little guy!

I'm not really sure what else has happened. I think I covered the big stuff. We're here til Wednesday morning and then we head over to Island Park for a family reunion on my mom's side. Saturday morning we head back to Orem and load up our moving truck. Sunday is our last full day in Utah, and we're having a Going Away Open House that night. Then we leave for Missouri early Monday morning. I can't believe it. One week from this moment we will be on the road toward Missouri. Wow. It has come so fast. Too fast. After we move in, we're leaving the same day for a reunion on my dad's side at Grand Lake in Oklahoma. I'm pretty excited to be on a boat on an Oklahoma lake, but I won't be able to wakeboard. :-( oh well. Then we come back on our Anniversary (the 14th) and finally get settled into our new home. Pretty sure we'll be sick of traveling by then. It will be a good way to end the summer though.

I'm a little excited to get to a new place and totally redecorate and re-vamp the apartment, but I'm also really nervous, scared, and sad to be leaving our home. It's definitely extremely bittersweet. Almost matches some feelings I had when we got married. I was SO excited to be with Scott but I was scared to leave everything I know. If this move turns out like our marriage has, we will be absolutely, perfectly, 100% just fine and happier than I've ever been! I guess I'm just lucky I married such an amazing guy. :-) Now I better go get ready for the day!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! That's a good tip about Costco--I never would've guessed them! Believe it or not, as dumb as it sounds, there isn't a SINGLE maternity store in Rexburg--you have to go to Idaho Falls! Any maternity store would make a killing here and we don't understand why there's not one! You lucky girl :o)

    PS--I want to see belly pictures, you cute thing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you at the lake! Do you remember Chrissy water skiing when she was full term with Keller at Lake Tenkiller? He was born like a week later! Not saying you should do that, your comment just reminded me of it. She also went snow mobiling early in that pregnancy and passed out afterward. She fainted and went down flat on her back! That was scary!

    ReplyDelete