Monday, August 23, 2010

changes

I am so grateful for such a wonderful, supportive husband who can hold me and wipe my tears away when I cry.

I got really homesick today. For Utah. Weird. I know. Really it's more like, for the people in Utah. For the life we had there. I miss our family so much. I miss our friends. I miss my job. I miss our Jeep. I miss knowing my way around and hanging out with people. I miss everything I knew.

Now, life is different. It's alot different. But it's kind of the same in some ways. I still have Scott. I still have family. I have never been so grateful for family. It has been the biggest blessing to have Dave and Kathryn out here. If I didn't have them here I would probably cry every day. It's so nice to know someone, at least one family, that we can spend time with and talk to and hang out with. I've loved it.

Tonight we went to a family's house from our ward. They are awesome! It was so fun to talk with them and be over there. Plus they gave us tons of good advice about Medicaid and doctors and stuff like that. I think I'm really going to like our ward. It feels good to feel like people want to know us and meet us. Bishop is coming over tomorrow and another guy from the ward stopped by this afternoon. It's gonna be great I think.

It's just been tough. Like Scott said this morning "We've been blessed so much. But, blessings don't come free." I just have to focus on the things I have and the things I've been blessed with so I don't dwell on the things I'm missing.

I really am happy to be here. It's just tough starting over somewhere new. It's also tough having to make so many calls to people I don't want to call: usps, at&t, doctors offices, etc. Sometimes I just want someone to call me and see how I'm doing. We'll get to that point sometime. It's just an adjustment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, dear!! I'm so glad that you and Scott have been so optimistic about the whole thing!

    PS--Medicaid and WIC are AWESOME! It is totally something to take advantage of...the qualifying here in Idaho was pretty much automatic because I'm pregnant, and Medicaid of Idaho came with dental insurance that covers 100% of cleanings, xrays, exams, and fillings! Woo hoo! :o) Yay, blessings! Plus, I just randomly got mailed the dental stuff--I didn't even know about it to begin with!

    Good luck, girly! You guys are so much fun, you'll make friends right away! :o) One difference between St. Louis and Utah that you can be grateful for is that you're not just a "number" in a ward--without millions of Mormons per square feet, it's a big deal when someone moves in! Everyone will take you under their wing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is so empty without you guys. Seriously. I walked in the other day, and it just felt empty. So, I'm totally missing you. I feel like I got to know you better in the last few months that you were here than in the whole time before that, and I'm really glad for that. I'm so glad Dave and Kathryn are close to you guys out there!

    ReplyDelete