Thursday, August 5, 2010

Idaho Update

Well, after about 30 minutes of trying, I have been unable to upload any pictures except for this one:


Those are all of Scott's trophies and medals. It was really hard for him to get rid of them before we moved. I think he kept some of the medals and one or two trophies, but we really don't have anywhere to store them in the new place. So he took pictures of all of them, and a picture of all of them together, then got rid of them. I'm sad for him, but I'm also proud of him.

I wanted to post a picture from the reception and some from Craters of the Moon, but not today apparently.

On Tuesday we went to Craters of the Moon with Kim, Heidi, Stevie, Hollie and Mom Dodds. It was SO cool! It's this huge National monument that is all cooled lava rock. It's all black rock too. It was amazing to walk around and think about that we were walking on stuff that was once hot lava! We went in 3 caves too. One of them we had to crawl over big boulders and use flashlights. It was really cool!! It was so much fun to be with the group and be exploring all the cool stuff. I really wish I could post pictures! I guess you could google Craters of the Moon and see kinda what it's like.

Now we're in Idaho between Island Park and Yellowstone. It's gorgeous! We're spending the day at Yellowstone today, which I'm excited about. It's another place we've never been. I'm also loving how cold the nights are here. It was like 45 degrees when we woke up at 6:30 this morning. I love it. It also isn't as hot in the days, still around 80, but that's less than where else we've been.

Can't believe how much closer we're getting to this move!! I'm a little excited. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yellowstone is beautiful! You will love it. Let me know what you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete