Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Me, being pregnant

So, once upon a time when I was young, naiive, and uninformed, I was so excited to get pregnant because I could get big and huge and not even care!

And now that I'm older, wiser and 20 1/2 weeks pregnant, I look back on that moment and think I was absolutely crazy and out of my mind. I've never felt SO huge, bloated, unattractive, fat, and ugly.

However, I have the most incredible husband who reminds me every single day how beautiful I am. He tells me how much he loves my pregnant belly and how he is so happy and excited that we're having a baby. I love when he rubs my tummy and smiles this sweet, pure, joyful smile and tells me how much he loves me and our baby. I love when he tells me that pregnancy suits my body so well.

I believe that pregnancy is all about sacrifice and being confident. It's a time in a woman's life when you sacrifice your body completely and give up every curve (or lack of) you know and love to make room for a sweet little life and spirit that will bless your home. It's a time when life isn't about you anymore. It's about your family, your baby, and your husband. It's also a time when you have to pull forth every ounce of confidence you have to say "Yes, I've gained weight. yes, I have a belly. Yes, I have more curves. And yes, I am so blessed because I get to carry this sweet little baby and bring him into our home."

It's not easy, but I know it will be worth it.

It already is worth it when I get to feel little nudges and kicks here and there.

Plus, thank goodness for an incredible husband who can put me back on track by reminding me each day how beautiful and blessed I really am.

2 comments:

  1. I think you read my mind!! I have had the exact same thoughts lately! I always thought, "How great! Someone offers to carry all your groceries, you can eat whatever you want, and not worry about your weight at all!" Haha SOOO not true!

    I remember my worst-feeling day ever! About 3 weeks ago I went to get a haircut, right before I went home. DISASTER! I looked like Brad Pitt...same night, I found my first stretch mark and I realized my belly button had started popping...I felt awful! Thank goodness for wonderful husbands :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, pregnancy definitely takes a toll on you- physically as well as mentally! For me, it was always hard to look in the mirror and see how "fat" I was. No worries, though- after your first one, your body will most likey slim right down again. I was wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes in about a month or two after our first one. It's the 4th that really takes it's toll... but then you look at that perfect little baby, knowing that you sacrificed your personal comforts and your body for it, and it is SO worth it! And, strangely, after a while you get excited to do it all again! Scott is awesome and he will love you no matter what, and make sure he keeps on telling you how beautiful you are!

    ReplyDelete