Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Post for 2011

Wow. This is my last post of 2011. 
Kinda mind blowing how fast the year went. 
I am truly grateful for all the incredible experiences I had! 

Since I'm in the mood for pictures, and because it makes sense during the Holidays, here are some more.

Our ward Christmas party. Both of us were just getting over the Attack of the Stomach Bug, so we weren't feeling spectacular. Despite this, we still got out on the dance floor and had a good time.

Grandma D. sent this amazing Christmas outfit for Bubs! We love it and it was perfect for Christmas and family pictures!

Oh yeah, the pants don't quite fit yet. 
No biggie.

Remember that one time Bubs got in a fight with a chair?
The chair won, in case you were wondering. 

Just another "boy mark" painted on his sweet forehead. 
I think that's number 493 since he's starting walking... 

Oh, and by the way, he now has 2 molars.
No joke.
His teeth total is currently: 10

Of course we had to take pictures of ourselves.
Yes, I do gangsta lips when I take pictures of myself.
Yes, my husband has a very large tongue.
Yes, we're awesome.

Our brother in law (to-be) wanted in on the fun.
Somehow he positioned himself perfectly,
And the camera thought it'd be better to focus on his face.
Go figure.

We made Amish bread.
Lots of Amish bread.
3 double batches of Amish bread.
Way too much Amish bread.
Most was given away. Thank Goodness.

Our last day in KC we had a little cake eating practice run.
He did not like that hat.

He couldn't quite figure out what to do with the cake.

We had to help him a little bit.
A lot actually.

He started to get the hang of it, but I'm not sure he actually really ingested anything. 
I guess it's better that way, right?

For Christmas this year, I think everyone decided I need to cook.
Or maybe they thought I really enjoy cooking, which I do, so they got me cooking stuff.
I got the Our Best Bites Calendar (with recipes) and Our Best Bites cookbook from my brother.
I got a super cute apron and Our Best Bites cookbook from my mother in law (yes, that's 2 of the same cookbook).
Mister Man and I got a KitchenAid from my parents. 

Needless to say, I was thrilled! 
Still am, actually.
The cookbook looks incredible. Every. Single. Recipe. looks amazing!
(my sister took the extra copy so now we can be cooking buds)

And of course, we cannot forget this:
I used it for the first time last night to make cookies. 
Love.
Though it will take some time to figure out how to work with it. 
I may or may not have had flour all over everywhere during the process of cookies.
Who cares? Not me!

Highlights of 2011:
-having a baby boy in January!
-finally overcoming the post baby roller coaster of emotions.
-surviving an insane season of Tornadic activity in the Midwest
-first trip to Arkansas.
-Fair St. Louis and fireworks on 4th of July
-countless trips to the zoo, Forest Park, surrounding parks, botanical gardens, and city gardens
-making really great girlfriends and getting together for lunch dates and craft nights
-Mister Man finishing 4/10th's of Chiropractic school!
-visiting my parents in KC many, many times
-having Mister Man's parents visit here 3 times
-a trip back to Utah
-enjoying the company of our in laws only 20 minutes away!
-and so much more!

May 2012 be an even better year! I'm counting on it. Are you?

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! Hope you have a wonderful, safe, holiday! 

3 comments:

  1. everything looks awesome! I was in a mood for pictures, so I'm glad you posted some! My mom said she got to see you guys at church and I was SUPER jealous. Also jealous of that new classy red best friend of yours! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures! Ok, the one with Scott where his tongue is seriously bigger than his face is kinda creepy, but that's ok :) And I'm so glad you got your Kitchenaid- the red color is awesome!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your Kitchenaid! I would choose the red color too. I borrowed the "Our Best Bites" cookbook from the library and got lots of good ideas. I have tried several of the recipes and they are great! I love the picture with your future brother-in-law, haha. So funny that it focused on him! I hope Black enjoy his cake!

    ReplyDelete