Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Learning is growing

Do you ever have those days where you decide to check out your bank account, just to see what's going on, and suddenly it feels like you swallowed a bowling ball that's settled in your stomach?

Yeah, that just happened to me.

I feel like taking back every Christmas present we bought, selling everything we own, and crawling into a cave.

Not really. That was probably TMI.

Anyway.

It's so interesting to me how life works. It's interesting how you can learn things about other people through their comments and actions, and then learn more about yourself by the way you react. I've learned alot about myself in the past 6 months. Maybe that's because I birthed a child and I'm learning how to raise him. Perhaps it has something to do with Mister Man enrolling in graduate school. Or maybe it's because I've changed. Alot.


I've also learned alot about how Heavenly Father answers prays.
In my meager experience, prayers are not usually answered right away or in the way you expect.
But they're always answered.


Now my brain seems to have a hit a brick wall en route to anything worth writing.
Feel free to check out the new page I added about the MBS Challenge!


I'm not entirely sure what happened...

"I'm gonna get you!"

3 comments:

  1. so cute! B is so big, all walking! I think Nathan is so much more fun now that he's walking. You can play chasing games and have a whole different kind of fun!

    So that bank account thing totally happened to us a couple days ago. I'm all, "okay, who needs Christmas? We'll get gifts from parents and Nathan from his grandparents. Let's take it all back! What can we put on Craigslist!?" It doesn't help that it's at the end of a semester where only one of us was in school (half the money received...you know how that goes!) and we still have to drive our old car 16+ hours round trip this month! We'll just keep praying and paying tithing, right? That's the only thing that helps us feel better :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I totally hear you. I haven't looked at our bank accounts for the past 3 weeks... on purpose. I know I will probably go into a coma if I do. I wish we had the excuse of being in school... I guess working for BYU is almost the same thing though, right? :)

    I love B's picture in the high chair, by the way! His expression is absolutely priceless! That is so exciting that he is starting to walk. Seriously a fun stage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete