Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Karissa

Blake and I love you Karissa!

Most of you don't know that tomorrow marks three years that I have been so lucky to be married to Karissa. I am the luckiest man on earth. I have been blessed in more ways than I could have ever imagined. When
I knew that Karissa was the one for me I was so excited. I had finally found the one, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined to be as happy as I am now. People ask me sometimes what Karissa does for work, and I tell them proudly that she is a wife and a mother. She does everything for Blake and I. She has dedicated her life to us and making sure that we have what we need. I am so grateful for her and proud of her that she is willing to be so selfless. It amazes me to see how loving and patient she is with our child. I know that she was made to be a mother. Blake is the luckiest child in the world.

Karissa is everything that I would have hoped for in a wife, she is more than I would have ever wanted or needed. I am blown away by her desire to become a better person. Everyday she is wanting to improve her life in some way. She is constantly wanting to be more spiritual and has such a desire to learn more about the gospel. She is so inspiring to me.

A day in the life of Karissa means washing the dishes at least 3 times because our dishwasher is so small, doing the laundry at least once a day because Blake goes through 4 outfits a day, making 3 meals for us, making Blake's food instead of purchasing it from the store, feeding Blake (which can take a while), playing with Blake, changing a billion diapers, bathing Blake, putting Blake down for naps, working out with Jillian Michaels, reading her scriptures, writing in her journal, cleaning the house, and I am sure there are many more. I am not saying that she is the only mother to have to do all of these things, but I want her to know that she is special to me.

She is my everything, she makes everything worth it. I know that I don't show enough appreciation for what she does. In fact I am not sure that it is possible to show that much appreciation. I often ask myself how I got so lucky. Why was I able to get someone so amazing to be my companion. I am sure that it was the Lord's way of saying she was the only one that could handle me and bring me home to Him. I truly am so blessed to have her in my life. I love her so much.

Karissa I Love You!

1 comment: